IV immunizations - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-27-2004, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone hear of this?? When I declined Eliza's shots again I was asked why. I said I am afraid of reactions and I'm not comfortable with the chemicals that are in them. The PA suggested diluted immunizations given through IV one at a time. I have never heard of such a thing and I told her that so I declined that too. She made me sign a waiver and then I left the clinic. Anyone know anything about this?

I don't want to immunize Eliza, but at the same time I guess I don't want her to suffer with anything should she get it either. I am comfortable with my decision but I think dh isn't. Anyway if I could be sure she wouldn't react and the shots wouldn't harm her I would give them but I know there is no way to tell so I haven't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2004, 02:19 PM

Read the prescribing info for the vaccines. That's not OK.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

amnesiac, do you mean the package insert says not to do that?? I'm glad I declined it then!
Old 01-27-2004, 05:09 PM

You said you were afraid of reactions and you were not comforta ble with the chemicals in them.

Think about what you said. Even if the vaccines were to be given by IV, in diluted form, what would the end result be?

The end result would be, after this IV was over, your child would be going home with the FULL vaccine dosage in her body.

You and your DH made this decision to not vaccinate because of the chemicals in them and the potential reactions right?

Well, no matter how the vaccine is administered, the chemicals will still be in your childs body and reactions do not have to happen immediately on injection. Reactions can happen days, weeks, months later and problems can occur years later as well!

Some vaccine inserts say the vaccines are only to be injected intradermally? intramuscularly? and some specifically say they are not to be injected into a blood vessel (and thats what an iv does - it goes into a vein).
Old 01-27-2004, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quickening, yes I mainly decided and dh is going along with it but I often hear from him "I just hope you are doing the right thing." Basically that sounds like "hey if one of the kids gets hurt/sick etc it's my fault :" But at the same time, he always asks me before he puts in a form to decide where to move next (we are Army) he asks me what exemptions the state has. So I think he is with me on it but still a bit hesitant because he was raised with the "doc" is god ideal kwim?

Anway yes, there are a few reactions in the family and my mom is allergic to so many medical things it's not even funny, she can't use contacts, dentures, thimerosal, many types of medications and anestesia (I know I spelled that wrong! :LOL). Dh has a few drug allergies, so do I. I have arthritis in my knees from an MMR booster at age 12. Both my mom and my dh got very sick from a flu shot (probably the thimerosal in it) Daria had a reaction, but her records are really weird to make it look like she didn't (that's in another post). And on dh's side of the family there are a ton of allergies, mainly respitory ones, and asthma. So I'm afraid of the vax making the already predisposed allergies and asthma a problem for my kids. They may get asthma but they may not but the only way to know if it was from genetics or vaxes is to skip the vaxes. My son was "okay" with his vax, meaning at the time of vax he was fine and so far is okay but we have alot of behavioral problems with him, vax related who knows.. Daria has eczema, food allergies and had a vax reaction. Probably shouldn't have had vax but anyway I learned now. I only started the research a few months ago after Daria's reactions.

I guess I assumed she meant that the IV vax would be just a weakend form of the virus/disease not the actual vax watered down. I told her I wouldn't do it until I researched it, and I won't do it at all now that I think about it. I told her flat out I was more worried about the toxic chemicals in there than the diseases. I said to her they claim it isn't much but how much does damage? Think about lead, any amount in a child's body is dangerous. So she left me alone after that and just did an exam on Eliza and told me how healthy she was .
Old 01-28-2004, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

:LOL Hilary, trust me I don't care for her, she isn't the kids regular doc and I wouldn't have chosen her myself. Their regular doc wasn't in, guess she got called out on emergency or something so they stuck me with the PA, then had a nurse practioner make me sign vax waiver forms.

User Tag List