Freaking out about swine flu vaccine, can anyone make me feel better? - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Mass flu vaccination would be madness
The current threat of swine flu doesn’t justify a gamble on a vaccine that has not been fully tested
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle6722428.ece

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileree View Post
Since when? I thought it was the government who spent millions on buying the adjuvants.
It is my understanding that the vaccine will NOT contain adjuvants. They will only be considered IF the virus mutates in the future but it has not shown any signs of doing so thus far.

Tara ~ SAHM to (1/05) and (10/09)
Old 09-04-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen78fl View Post

do you all actually believe this?

people keep posting things like- "mass graves for human made flu" and "obama is conspiring to kill 95% of the population". i amsick of reading this kind of stuff here. why do people refernce websites like the above that are simply crazy sounding, articles that have NO sources listed???
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhearts
It is my understanding that the vaccine will NOT contain adjuvants. They will only be considered IF the virus mutates in the future but it has not shown any signs of doing so thus far.
Yes, I realize this.

If you'll go back in the thread you'll see that first someone argued that because the government has bought millions worth of adjuvants they will want to use them.

I replied that I could see the government wasting money on them since they do often on so many other things. It's our taxes that paid for this. I don't think one can argue conclusively that the adjuvants WILL be used just because of this.

Another person responded that the vaccine companies, having gotten the money for the adjuvants, would not want to let them go unused.

Quote:
"Yes, but these are private companies who have spent the big bucks, not the government. Granted, they got the big bucks from government contracts, but still, private companies are much less likely to waste funds."
That argument did not make sense to me, thus my question.

intactivist.gif  ribbonpb.gif RN student, bellycast.gif birth doula since 2006
Old 09-04-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmidwestmama View Post
why do people refernce websites like the above that are simply crazy sounding, articles that have NO sources listed???
I agree, it's getting to be a bit tiresome.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeyZoo View Post

Someone posted something back when this all started with a personal theory that the reason why Mexico was getting the flu much worse than the US is becuase the culture there runs to abx for everything. I personally think there might be some truth to this after seeing articles like the one above. I suspect the two do not mix because in a lot of the articles I see mentioned deaths the person is or is probably on abx. I have no conclusive proof of this theory but thought I would share my thoughts.
You're right... the two do not mix. It is listed as "#2 Thing that can get you killed in a pandemic: Antibiotics" on the following site:

http://www.naturalnews.com/026393_pa...influenza.html

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Old 09-05-2009, 07:06 AM

This should come as good news to all those who live in PA... on page 33 of the document below, it states in big bold capital letters "Vaccination program will be VOLUNTARY"

http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/he...ar_8_17_09.pdf

My only question is, do they have the ability to revise that at any time? Obviously now it states it is voluntary. What if they change their mind? Can they do that?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Old 09-05-2009, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhearts View Post

I wouldnt put it past them to use the adjuvants... Here is an interesting post about an article that was posted online.

This story misses that two of the five companies producing swine flu vaccine are using the unapproved adjuvant, or booster, MF59. Novartis and Glaxo are using the adjuvant despite the fact they cannot sell it in the U.S. unless Health and Human Services (HHS) declares a national medical emergency. Apparently HHS has assured them such an emergency will be declared to justify the companies spending millions of dollars on an "illegal" vaccine. MF 59 has failed to win FDA approval because it caused rampant autoimmune disorders in animal experiments. It is suspected the military used MF59 (squalene) as a medical experiment with the anthrax shot. FDA tests found squalene present in about 10% of the anthrax shots in a sequence that resembles a standard vaccine experimental termed a dose range study. Many military members suffered a wide range of autoimmune disorders. The producer of the vaccine, Bioport, lists about two dozen ailments that arose coincidentally with their anthrax shot in their Product Insert that accompanies each vaccine package -- all are autoimmune disorders. The HHS national health emergency will be followed by a national health catastrophe that will dwarf any potential danger from swine flu. One of the primary autoimmune disorders will be Guillian-Barre Syndrome of 1976 flu shot fame.

So, you can see what their plan most likely is in order to be able to use the adjuvants..
Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen78fl View Post
"Apparently HHS has assured them such an emergency will be declared to justify the companies spending millions of dollars on an "illegal" vaccine." So, you can see what their plan most likely is in order to be able to use the adjuvants ...
There is absolutely no proof of this. It's just conspiracy theories again.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:30 AM

I have been reading a few flu blogs and forums and am slowly coming to the conclusion that this flu is not no big deal. It's striking people quite easily. There are more and more reports of children getting the flu but with rather mild symptoms and then being dead within 24 hours. And perfectly healthy children at that. There are reports of people reading such events on their local news websites and then the reports disappearing. Anyway, this is only early September and in some cases, 95 percent of entire classrooms are out ill. Washington state has an estimated 2,000 cases. While these college age kids may fair well, it means more risks to younger children that are being hit hard by it.

I think it's time people stop saying this is no big deal and be open to the fact that this could really be a big deal. Not advocating a vaccine but definitely advocating an adjustment of perspective on this flu strain. Get your 3 months supply of food ready, have cash on hand, make plans to care for your child(ren) if you cannot make it to work, etc.

Stanford is working on a vaccine trial with an adjuvant. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAJ319GIHQ.DTL

I have a supply of Sambucus (black elderberry) on hand though there are some questions on cytokine storms. I have plenty of A&D, Vit C, Sodium ascorbate, EmergenC, multivitamin for my daughter (need to stock up), chewable Vit C for my daughter, etc ....

any ideas of what else home remedy wise that isn't mainstream?

(re: mass graves..... I have heard of many reasons for them. One I find much more plausible.... the future world of nuclear wars. Missing plutonium (ie. Los Alamos), rogue nations, global financial collapse leading to WWIII to jump start global economies .... there are enough reasons for such a nuclear event to happen. And there has to be a way to bury thousands fast. If it is hard to swallow, it's because it's hard to accept the world we live in sometimes.... but we are a country locked in a global arms race and that race involved nuclear weapons, sadly. The reality is I think that one day we just might not keep something like that at bay either through a terrorist event at home or a long range missile from another. Anyway....

And while not conspiracy, seems the UK was looking at how to store dead bodies: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...dies-catacombs )
Old 09-06-2009, 12:12 PM

Due to it's excessive content, this thread is being closed. A new thread has been opened for current discussions. Treatment/prevention other than vaccines should be continued in H&H.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:05 PM

sur des milliers de civils "Européens: les enfants et les jeunes adultes, ainsi que d'autres maladies bien connues pendant la guerre du Golfe: la narcolepsie, MS, ALS, Sjögren, Wegener ... pour ma part j'ai après syndrome de la guerre du Golfe de ce vaccin contre la grippe maudit : chroniqe fatigue très sévère et douleurs musculaires et articulaires, impuissance, troubles intestinaux sévères, des troubles de la mémoire, la compréhension ... aiment simplement votre Outre les 124 000 anciens combattants
trouver moi sur facebook sous "wargulfillness GSK » regards , Paris , France

User Tag List