Chicken Pox - wild virus or vaccine-induced? - Mothering Forums

Chicken Pox - wild virus or vaccine-induced?

Shoxie's Avatar Shoxie (TS)
01:23 PM Liked: 0
#1 of 3
07-22-2009 | Posts: 47
Mamas, pls help!

I am in a quandry. Have been looking to expose my 3.4YO DD to chicken pox before she enters nursery school this Sept. No luck. In any case, on one of the other threads, there was some discussion as to the strains of pox currently going around and whether or not they are "real" (wild) strains and not ones borne of the vaccine. One homeopathic doc said he hasn't seen a wild strain in years and years.

So, my question is, can you tell the wild virus from the vaccine-induced one if you're going to get exposure from someone who's gotten it from someone else further down the line (so that you don't know how it was induced originally)?

I'm wondering b/c now I don't know whether I should try to expose DD or just get the vaccine. I don't want her to be sick (and I also have a 16MO DS who's still BF) only to find out that she'll lose immunity during adolescence anyway - or have a false sense of security. I know I can check titers at some point down the road, but I've read that this process doesn't necessarily tell you all that much. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? I'm really at a loss.
k9sarchik's Avatar k9sarchik
03:15 PM Liked: 13
#2 of 3
07-22-2009 | Posts: 1,351
As of now there are a few different strains that circulate, but you can't tell which ones they are. A Dr. won't be able to tell which is which either.

If you get your child the vax then boosters are necessary. If you vax your child they can also acquire wild pox but not show symptoms.

It's actually in your best interest to expose naturally so that you can gain an exposure yourself to keep your immunity in check to avoid a future bout of shingles.

That being said, children who get chicken pox naturally have to be re-exposed to chicken pox throughout their childhood so that they don't get shingles as children/teens/or young adults. There is a shingles epidemic due to the CP vax that Merck created.

Read this book. It has extremely important information regarding CP. http://www.amazon.com/Chickenpox-Vac...8282809&sr=8-1
Gitti's Avatar Gitti
07:42 PM Liked: 1580
#3 of 3
07-22-2009 | Posts: 14,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoxie View Post
...there was some discussion as to the strains of pox currently going around and whether or not they are "real" (wild) strains and not ones borne of the vaccine. One homeopathic doc said he hasn't seen a wild strain in years and years.
From what I've learned: you can get any strain, wild or the ones from the vaccine...once it enters a human body it makes it's own virus and that will be the wild. Because it is actually the body making more of the viruses regardless of where the original came from.

There is no way your homeopath can tell what he "sees". He can not differentiate wild from vaccine induced. The vaccine induced came from the wild strain to begin with.

Quote:
So, my question is, can you tell the wild virus from the vaccine-induced one if you're going to get exposure from someone who's gotten it from someone else further down the line (so that you don't know how it was induced originally)?
Everything goes back to nature. Every flower that is high breed, animal, weed...and so do viruses. There is no doubt. Viruses mutate easily, so I can't imagine that they would not revert to their natural state after one passage through a human body. But like I said, it doesn't matter, we produce our own viruses once it has been introduced into our body. No matter where the original came from.

Quote:
I'm wondering b/c now I don't know whether I should try to expose DD or just get the vaccine.
If the vaccine only contained a few viruses and sterile water, heck , I would vaccinate. But a vaccine contains all sort of carcinogenic and neurotoxic ingredients that should never enter the human body.

Quote:
don't want her to be sick (and I also have a 16MO DS who's still BF) only to find out that she'll lose immunity during adolescence anyway - or have a false sense of security.
Once you have the chicken pox virus in the body it is there for good. Via vaccine or via natural exposure. That does not go for other childhood infections. Only chicken pox.

Titers are not reliable.
Reply Subscribe Vaccinations