Unvaccinated child visiting a recently vaccinated soldier. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2009, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need advice, my son and I were planning to see a friend next weekend, but he just had a slew of vaccines,
smallpox
anthrax
yellow fever, and a few others...

He called me today and told me he is having a bad reaction about 1 week ago he had the vaccines.. Now he said he has a rash, fever, and feels like crap, and aching all over.

I'm rethinking my visit over to see him, being that my son is not vaccinated, and I dont really know if my friend is say contagious???

What would be your input???? I dont know what to do, he leaves in Oct for Iraq and I hate to not see him, but at the same time my sons health comes first..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM

I would not go to see someone who's had the small pox vaccine (I don't know about the others) because it is a live virus vaccine and can shed.

Even if my child were fully vaccinated, I would not.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:35 PM

If any of them where live vax I wouldnt go with kids vaxed or not.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 08-29-2009, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I totally did not think about it being a live virus which it is...

I just remember back when I got it, in 03 I was able to see people and be around family and kids, as long as I had it covered...

I guess Thurs I will see how he is feeling, it will have been 3 weeks then since he had the vaccine... And if I were to go only if he feels better, make him keep it covered... I never had any issues with mine when I had it done (before I knew the risks in vaccines, and not that I had a choice traveling to Iraq with the army they made us vaccinate LOL) but I don't want to risk anything with my kids you know...
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
I would not go to see someone who's had the small pox vaccine (I don't know about the others) because it is a live virus vaccine and can shed.
Especially if your child has eczema or other skin problems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/18/he...8smallpox.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Eczema-and...tion&id=501181

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd pass..the YF vax is live too I believe.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

User Tag List