Anyone regret not vaccinating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've read many posts from people that say they regret vaccinating. I was just wondering if anyone regrets not getting a vaccine?
#2 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
No.

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#3 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 02:53 PM

No, and the more I read and find out, I'm very happy we don't.
#4 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 02:54 PM

No. I only regret the vaccinations my first 4 got before I figured things out...

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
#5 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Not one bit and the more I learn the more I am firm that I made the right decision.

#6 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 02:58 PM

never for a second.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#7 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 03:20 PM

No.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#8 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 03:35 PM

The only time I did was when at 18 mos DS had a deep wound and the ER staff kept asking and asking me if he had all his shots. It was an "Oh Sh!t" moment, and I guess I didn't regret it as much as I regretted that I wasn't confident about what was going on, not to mention being terrified for my son. I started to calm down when the ER docs advsd that I could go home and research whether I wanted to get the Tetanus (dtap) for DS. Then I came here and then it was none too clear that I had NO regrets for skipping vaxes, and still do not.

My biggest regret was allowing the Hep B shot in the hospital before we went home. But I learned a lot about motherly instincts that day.
#9 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 03:37 PM

Good question to ask.. no regrets at all, but i did have a tetanus scare and am prepared with knowledge about what to do if ever it happens again.
I guess that's the best bet!
#10 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbigailGrace View Post
No. I only regret the vaccinations my first 4 got before I figured things out...
That's how I feel. We stopped at 4months with him when I realized something was wrong. Just been trying to give them the healthiest diet possible to clean out his system. And keep educating myself in case they do ever catch one of the viruses.
#11 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 03:53 PM

No, I regret allowing my first six kids to be vaxed. The youngest has been the healthiest of the bunch.
#12 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Excellent point about soooo my people regretting vaccinating. I've never seen anyone regret not vaccinating.

No regrets for me either whatsoever for my completely unvaccinated daughter. I've seen that her immune system is quite strong, as compared to vaccinated children who have been sick much more severely and much lengthier than her. She's almost 2 years old, and the only signs of illness that she had were very brief and non-eventful, which included the very first time when she was 17 months old and in my mom's care while I was at work, my daughter had a fever and runny nose for about a half a day, my mom said. The same thing happened to my daughter in my care when she was about 20 months old, fever and a bit of a runny nose, also for about a half a day. I have exposed her to lots of germs all over the place, touching shopping carts, touching the ground, not washing hands obsessively and really quite infrequently and without soap even (just plain water), letting her touch other kids, taking her out in public everywhere to playgrounds, been on airplanes, etc. and I've witnessed that her immune system is strong enough to overcome whatever she is exposed to. If she got measles, mumps, rubella, or chicken pox, I'd be very happy because I know that she would recover nicely, she would have lifetime immunity from the particular disease, and her immune system would strengthen (Dr. Mendelsohn addresses how harmless and beneficial those diseases are in childhood in his book "How To raise a Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor." And her blood is clean, not contaminated with diseased animal and aborted human fetus matter and toxoids, i.e. vaccines. Her immune system is strengthened naturally with proper nutrition, sunshine and love. So I'll say it again that I'm very happy, and feel 100% confident about her being completely unvaccinated.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

#13 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 04:30 PM

No. Every day I am so thankful I knew enough not to vax. I hear first hand stories of vaccine reactions on a regular basis and it breaks my heart.

I also respect the power of the immune system so much I would never compromise it in any way and vaccines damage the hell out of the immune system.

Veda 9/06
#14 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 04:57 PM

No

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

#15 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Banned

No, no regrets here.

I do however deeply regret partually vaccinating my first child (before I started my research).
#16 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Most people who "regret" not vaccinating would simply go out and have their older child(ren) vaccinated. It's a simple thing to "undo" if you change your mind later. But once a vaccine is inside a child, it can't be undone.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#17 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 05:01 PM

No
#18 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 06:15 PM

No, I only regret the vaccines my oldest had before I started asking questions.
#19 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 06:43 PM

absolutely not. My 18 mo. old dd is totally vax free and I thank God I for that. I wasn't sure what to do at first but the more I learn the more confident I am I made the right decision.
#20 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynholly View Post
I've read many posts from people that say they regret vaccinating. I was just wondering if anyone regrets not getting a vaccine?
No way. We are glad every day that our grandchildren are not vaccinated. My dd just thanked me the other day for alerting her about the dangers of vaccines. She feels her second child would be dead had he been vaccinated. (Don't ask me how she came to feel that way, she has no explanation, just a gut feeling.)
#21 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 06:52 PM

I've never regretted it for a second! My DD is much healthier than her neighbor friends, who are vaccinated fully and constantly have runny noses and viruses. I'm certain it's because her immune system hasn't been way over stimulated with the adjuvant in each vaccine given...I love knowing that her immune system has never been tampered with, and as a result it functions perfectly as God/nature intended.

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#22 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 06:59 PM

I only regret that I let any vaccines into my children at all (before I finally wizened up).
#23 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
Most people who "regret" not vaccinating would simply go out and have their older child(ren) vaccinated. It's a simple thing to "undo" if you change your mind later. But once a vaccine is inside a child, it can't be undone.
: This is a very good point!!

I have never once regretted it. I only wish my own parents hadn't vaccinated me. I have always had a weak immune system and I was always afraid my children would, too, until I figured out it was a combination of my diet and environment on top of the fact that my mother vaccinated me and took me to the doctor for every runny nose I ever had so they could pump me full of whatever anti-biotic they wanted.

I am very happy with my decision to not vaccinate. Ironically, I made the decision way back in high school when I took a psych course. After learning about nervous disorders, including autism, I came to the conclusion that I would never vaccinate. Of course I did more research and realized there are a myriad of reasons not to vaccinate. DP and I are ever writing it into our wills that our children are not to be vaccinated. At all.

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!
#24 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 07:45 PM

No, I have never regretted not vaccinating.

Wife to Doug, mom to Hank and Logan !!!
#25 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
when I look at ds's eczema and try to guess what he's allergic to, I'm very grateful he's not been vaccinated!

And I regret that my mom didn't follow HER instincts. vaccines always gave her the willies and I guess you could say she delayed them, and I know my friends got more than I ever did. But I grew up in a state with a philosophical exemption thats EASY to get, and she could have just signed the form and been done with it. And I regret when I was 16, and they were coming at me with the hep b vax and I didn't want it, not just saying "hell no!" because i'm sure my mom wouldn't have tried to force me into it. She was too much of a sissy to stand up to the medical staff.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#26 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Nope

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#27 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Nope!

:
#28 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 09:36 PM

I am not sure I have ever seen a parent here who regrets not vaccinating.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
#29 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 09:56 PM

Nope.

My 4 year old is completely unvaccinated and healthy as can be. My 6 year old is partially vaccinated and still suffering the neurological effects of vaccine toxins.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#30 of 54 Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 PM

another one who regrets my older kids getting vaccines -my 21 yo had 2 MMRs and a year of achy joints and fevers after his 11 year shots (we stopped the next year after my 3 rd child (now 10 )
had a pale limp unresponsive episode and I remembered my older kids did the same thing when they had the baby shots )
My almost 3 year old has had NO shots and is the healthiest yet!

Formally known as jazmommie
Momma to 4 Indigo kids ,22,19,11 and 3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page