Correlation and causation - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2009, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, didn't know it did that. In the search box type in "simian", and the link will pop up. Research on the connection between the first IPV? (since the one they are talking about was pulled about 1950-60) and cancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 PM

ema-adama: Salk was not appreciated by his peers when he worked in Pittsburgh, PA. He was never nominated for a Nobel Prize and he left to live in N. California as soon as he could. None of his co-workers followed him. There was some disagreement there that was never disclosed.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrandonsmom View Post
Ok, didn't know it did that. In the search box type in "simian", and the link will pop up. Research on the connection between the first IPV? (since the one they are talking about was pulled about 1950-60) and cancer.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=294017

For a great discussion on contamination of vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caned & able View Post
ema-adama: Salk was not appreciated by his peers when he worked in Pittsburgh, PA. He was never nominated for a Nobel Prize and he left to live in N. California as soon as he could. None of his co-workers followed him. There was some disagreement there that was never disclosed.
Yes, I reckon something happened that is not not being openly discussed. And it looks like it could have had something to do with his personality and also with his methedology of inactivating the polio virus with formalin. There was scientific debate over how to do it, and it looks like there is evidence that the methedology that Salk was using was not effective.

What I find strange is that people that do believe that the Salk vaccine did what it is claimed to have done, do not have the evidence that that vaccine did it.

I am dissapointed that the questioning of the Salk vaccine is considered irrelevant.

In a discussion where vaccines are being questioned, parents are asked to support their questions with evidence. It strikes me that the scientific community is not pressed to offer their evidence for such a an amazing claim.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
Old 10-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Thanks for the link Ema.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

No problem. I noticed that the FDA link on polio vaccine contamination is no longer active. I'll have to see if I saved the document itself.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)

User Tag List