Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur View Post
"In the first safety study of its kind of the hepatitis vaccine birth dose, the researchers showed that male macaques vaccinated at birth with a hepatitis B vaccine (HBV) took more than twice as long as unexposed macaques to acquire three standardized skills typically used to measure infant brain development."
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
This is so exciting. This is a very good sign. I didnt think I would see this study in my lifetime. I hope they keep them coming.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
Old 10-01-2009, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

It is exciting...the article says this is the first of a larger series of studies they are doing. This is what many of us have been waiting for...I still can't believe this is the first study of vacc. vs. unvacc. animals. This is groundbreaking, and I look forward to more!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 PM

I cant say I am shocked by the results either. How sad is it that we have to prove that injecting neurotoxins can cause delays. Thats like doing a study to prove rain is wet.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
Old 10-01-2009, 06:15 PM

Wow, I get goose bumps reading about this. Could be just the tip of the iceburg that's finally going to be exposed. Wish I could read the whole study...
Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Banned

Niiiiiice! Not that there are effects that are harmful, but that this study was done. Let's hope this may help open the Pandora's Box against vaxes. Really! An STD vax for a NEWBORN?! Are they expecting people to be having sex with them? No? Then why the hell is the first vax for an STD?!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle C. View Post
An STD vax for a NEWBORN?! Are they expecting people to be having sex with them? No? Then why the hell is the first vax for an STD?!
It's because if the mom has the disease she can pass it to the baby--another way it can be transmitted.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. I'll be looking forward to seeing results from the subsequent studies!

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:13 PM

It's interesting too that they can't tell whether the delays were caused by thimerisol, or the vaccine itself, or even aluminum.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.thoughtfulhouse.org/pr/hep-b-study.pdf

Here's a link to the actual study until Neurotoxicology gets it up on their site.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:51 PM

Isn't the one disappointment about this study the emphasis on thermerisol? Forgive me if I read it wrong, but why couldn't they have tested the current supposed themerisol-free Hep B vax along side the previous version given with the unexposed groups?

It leaves people to say, "Oh, the mercury is gone, so we don't have to worry about this..."

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasbaby7 View Post
Isn't the one disappointment about this study the emphasis on thermerisol? Forgive me if I read it wrong, but why couldn't they have tested the current supposed themerisol-free Hep B vax along side the previous version given with the unexposed groups?

It leaves people to say, "Oh, the mercury is gone, so we don't have to worry about this..."
Yeah, I was disappointed, too. I wanna know what it is now...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

Old 10-01-2009, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

I'm relieved they included thimerisol in the vaccine. Study the shot that infants received until roughly 2003. Show the obvious neurological damage caused by that. Remember, the full mercury flu shot is given once a year, every year to infants/pregnant women/etc. and most of the others on the schedule still have varying trace amounts in them. Later/other studies can differentiate between mercury vs. non mercury. I think the way they did this was a great place to start.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 PM

I never understood why they have the Hep B shot to every baby born if the mother doesn't carry it. I denied the shot and they all thought it was strange. I thought it was more strange to give it to him.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 PM

? this is definitely not the first study that looks at monkeys, some vaccinated and some not. I believe Hornig, for example, did one-- though I don't think it has been published as of yet.

eta: Laura Hewiston also did one. That one was very poorly put together-- still not published.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
Old 10-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Another reason newborns are given this vaccine is because it can be transmitted through blood transfusions. I know this because my ds needed two blood transfusions (at 2 days and at 2 months) and the hospital freaked that he hadn't been vaxed for it.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:50 AM

uhh... shouldn't they maybe be testing the BLOOD rather than shooting up all newborns?

Old 10-02-2009, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

This is the very first study ever published using vacc. vs. unvacc. animals. That is why it's so groundbreaking, and the results are getting so much attention in the autism research world.

And the results beg the question (more research)...if these primates are so neurologically damaged by this one HepB shot, what is it doing to our infants?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
This study is a great first step! Now they need to expand the study to include newborn monkeys getting the "thermiserol free" version of the vaccine and see how they respond. I also hope the continue this study past the first few weeks of life, and look at how this vaccine might affect the rest of childhood development. Then they need another study giving some monkeys the "full childhood vaccine schedule" and compare it to unvaxed monkeys, and watch all these monkeys a few years.

Then maybe another study showing the effects of delayed vax (as an alternative to both vaxing on schedule and no vaxes at all)- or am I just dreaming now? According to Wikipedia, rhesus macaque monkeys reach maturity at 3-4 years old, so it won't take a rediculously long amount of time to study the effects of infant vaccines on all of childhood development or look for effects that last into adulthood.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 10-02-2009, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Juvysen, I was just thinking the same thing!!!!

I really don't know this, so I'm asking if anybody does know--how hard is it to test blood before they give it to people? Is it that the blood might need to be used in case of emergency, and there would be no time to test it? That's the only thing I can think of.
Still, I won't be vaxxing my sweet precious baby with any of that poison, no thank you.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Old 10-02-2009, 12:25 PM

Oh my god, look what they did to those poor little baby monkeys!
Quote:
Infants were separated from their mothers at birth and reared within a neonatal nursery. Separation was necessary for this study as mothering precludes neonatal testing due to the distress caused to both the mother and the neonate when temporarily separated [23-24]. Infants were similarly isolated, housed, and bottle-fed by hand in the nursery until achieving temperature regulation, typically 7-10 days from birth. Infants that could self-regulate temperature during this three-day period were moved out of their incubator and singly housed in a small nursery cage. The cage had mesh walls on all sides to provide the infant with good visibility of his environment and also contained a cylindrical shaped hanging cloth surrogate suspended from the cage ceiling. Infants could see and hear each other but had no physical contact. Each cage also contained a formula feeder used to train infants to feed themselves. They received a standard infant baby formula (Enfamil, Mead Johnson and Co., IN).12
They didn't even cuddle them! And for a vaccine that's no longer used. I am sickened. Why aren't I surprised that Enfamil was involved?
Old 10-02-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post
Juvysen, I was just thinking the same thing!!!!

I really don't know this, so I'm asking if anybody does know--how hard is it to test blood before they give it to people? Is it that the blood might need to be used in case of emergency, and there would be no time to test it? That's the only thing I can think of.
Still, I won't be vaxxing my sweet precious baby with any of that poison, no thank you.
Blood donors are screened. I have had many surgeries done and they never offered me a hep B shot in case donor blood was tainted. Seems fishy too me.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

http://www.thoughtfulhouse.org/pr/he...fact-sheet.pdf

Here's the fact sheet that points out the vital info. from the study. At the end it mentions their larger series of studies that will involve the complete childhood vaccine schedule.

Also, I just wanted to add that the full mercury Hep B shot (used in this study) is still given at birth in many other countries.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:38 PM

I just feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for these researchers for having the nerve to do this study.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:26 PM

I remember reading somewhere that The Powers That Be decided babies should be given the Hep B vax because the populations that really need it (sexually active people, iv drug users...) do not/would not seek out the vax. So, since it's hard to get those older folks vaccinated, better to just do everyone when they're really young and have no say in the matter.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

Old 10-02-2009, 05:04 PM

It's about time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veda 9/06
Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur View Post
It is exciting...the article says this is the first of a larger series of studies they are doing. This is what many of us have been waiting for...I still can't believe this is the first study of vacc. vs. unvacc. animals. This is groundbreaking, and I look forward to more!
Well, as exciting as this is, this is mostly about mercury which no longer in most vaccines (except for some flu ones), so it's no longer a serious threat to big pharma. Aluminum study would be a totally different story though...
Old 10-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla View Post
This study is a great first step! Now they need to expand the study to include newborn monkeys getting the "thermiserol free" version of the vaccine and see how they respond. I also hope the continue this study past the first few weeks of life, and look at how this vaccine might affect the rest of childhood development. Then they need another study giving some monkeys the "full childhood vaccine schedule" and compare it to unvaxed monkeys, and watch all these monkeys a few years.

Then maybe another study showing the effects of delayed vax (as an alternative to both vaxing on schedule and no vaxes at all)- or am I just dreaming now? According to Wikipedia, rhesus macaque monkeys reach maturity at 3-4 years old, so it won't take a rediculously long amount of time to study the effects of infant vaccines on all of childhood development or look for effects that last into adulthood.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening any time soon.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post
Well, as exciting as this is, this is mostly about mercury which no longer in most vaccines (except for some flu ones), so it's no longer a serious threat to big pharma. Aluminum study would be a totally different story though...
Being in the middle of flu vaccine season I have to say this is still hugely an issue specially for pregnancy women. Just a few hours ago I had a woman telling other pregnant women not to worry about being unable to find mercury free flu vaccinations as she got the normal one and always does and her kids are fine and there is no peer reviewed study showing mercury is harmful in any way....

This study is worth so very much to me. We "know" mercury is harmful so hopefully this study can open doors to others like the all important Aluminum kind!

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010

User Tag List