NY Vaccine exemption denied - Please help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend in NY who needs some quick advice. He submitted a religious exemption which included language regarding aborted fetal cells and toxic ingredients. His exemption was very quickly denied.

He now understands that his exemption should have been very vague and indicated that his family is religiously opposed to the practice of vaccination. He is willing to rewrite the exemption and re-submit it if this is an option for him.

He believes his exemption was rubber-stamp denied by the superintendent and did not go before a board.

Will he be able to simply resubmit this exemption, or will he have to appeal? We're wondering if because the exemption did not go before a board, he will be able to resubmit easily.

Thanks for any insight. His 2 children - ages 9 and 11, have 26 days to get vaccinated before the school expels them.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#2 of 9 Old 10-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Have him check out knowvaccines.com/exemptions. There is a sample letter there for New York. Good luck.
#3 of 9 Old 10-12-2009, 07:53 PM

Before he does anything, he should contact Gary Krasner. He will tell him what he needs to do and/or help in fighting it.

This is the very reason people need to know the law code and have someone proof read your letter first

http://www.cfic.us/

CFIC@nyct.net
#4 of 9 Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 PM

If there is a mother, and she is supportive, she could try submitting the new letter. In any case, call Gary.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#5 of 9 Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

My friend is still unsure of what to do. He has been in contact with Gary K. and is overwhelmed with the information he has gotten so far. He would really appreciate being in contact with someone who has recently dealt with this exact situation (trying to re-submit a denied religious exemption.)

If someone with personal experience is interested in helping, could you please pm me?

Thanks again!

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#6 of 9 Old 10-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma1325 View Post
My friend is still unsure of what to do. He has been in contact with Gary K. and is overwhelmed with the information he has gotten so far. He would really appreciate being in contact with someone who has recently dealt with this exact situation (trying to re-submit a denied religious exemption.)

If someone with personal experience is interested in helping, could you please pm me?

Thanks again!
Try the NY tribe board.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#7 of 9 Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 AM

Here are some other resources for help in NY

New York (Medical/Religious exemptions)
Joan Rosetta
L.I.V.I.N.G. (Long Island Vaccination Information Network Group)
PO Box 432 Centerport, NY 11721
(631)-757-5519

Bonnie Franz bpfc@hotmail.com

Alan Sherr doctorwell@aol.com

Frank and Martha Fitzgerald frank@goodlight.net
New Yorkers for Vaccination Information and Choice
P.O.Box 87 342 New York, NY 10128 http://www.goodlight.net/nyvic/

Marcia
#8 of 9 Old 10-16-2009, 02:42 PM

There are certain school districts that will rubber stamp any exemption due to ongoing legal battles over vaccination and religious exemption. If he has info from Krasner, he probably has what he needs.

Here is My Kids My Choice, started by a mom whose kids were denied exemption:
http://www.mykidsmychoice.com/home.html
#9 of 9 Old 10-17-2009, 09:11 AM

Is your friend in NYC or NYS? From what I understand, the laws are a tad different between the two. If he is in NYS, I have the name of a lawyer that helped me when I was writing my religious exemption letter. PM me for details.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page