#301 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
This child is case # 6 of GB reported so far, linked to H1N1 vaccine:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33845867...storyContinued
I saw this a couple days ago. Here's my question: have any of you heard about these other 5 cases before this report? I sure hadn't. And if you notice, the reason we heard about #6 is because the stepmom went straight to MSNBC with it! The dr's aren't even planning on reporting it as an adverse effect! Go stepmom! So, how many others have we not heard about and what other reactions haven't been reported or made public?

Seriously, watching the media circus and the dancing going on with this along with the public reactions would be amusing if it weren't so damned tragic.
#302 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 PM

A friend of mine got her H1N1 shot then two days later we get news that she's in the hospital and can't walk . She is also in terrible pain besides but she has had walking issues before so I'm for sure they won't put that connection in with the shot .
#303 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 01:09 PM

Hmm, I don't know why I am surprised, but on my state's health department page, the hospitalizations and death number chart thingy is all the way at the bottom of the page. Way below all the fear mongering checklists and charts.

FWIW, Maryland has had 19 deaths total. Guess that number is too small to cause enough alarm so they hope you don't notice it way down there at the bottom.

Blows the mind. You know, I start to worry about our capability as a nation to handle an actual, real disaster.

http://dhmh.state.md.us/swineflu/

Partner to DH geek.gif and Former WOHM, now SAHM dizzy.gif to Sensory & ADHD DD (9), with DD (4) and DS (2)nocirc.gif winner.jpghomebirth.jpg

#304 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGirls View Post
So I encountered a new one yesterday. I was at a playgroup and a friend said that since her DD (age 2.5) had been exposed to swine flu (a cousin had it) the doc had put them BOTH on Tamiflu right away, "just in case". Pre-emptive Tamiflu! For a healthy, non-pregnant, adult woman and a toddler (who does have some sort of breathing issue, not sure exactly what). Plus the vax, of course. Is that normal?

I think, unfortunately, it is normal. When I was at the ob yesterday and told her that all 8 of my kids had h1n1 in the spring she said "so you were all on tamiflu" ? I laughed (unintentionally) and said "no way". She was taken aback and gave me "the look" like I was the most irresponsible human being on the planet.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#305 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGirls View Post
Pre-emptive Tamiflu! ... Plus the vax, of course. Is that normal?

If that is normal, then that seals the deal. I am locking the doors and we are never leaving the house again.

#306 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonJelly View Post
You know, I start to worry about our capability as a nation to handle an actual, real disaster.
Um... yeah. You and me both.
#307 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:

Blows the mind. You know, I start to worry about our capability as a nation to handle an actual, real disaster.
You mean a natural disaster or one "we" cause?

Pat

I have a blog.
#308 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

well, you know... we handled the hurricane/levy situation in New Orleans so well...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#309 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 05:09 PM

And it starts in Canada ... because g-d forbid any school-aged child 'miss' getting the H1N1 vax.

http://parentcentral.ca/parent/healt...ven-at-schools

Tamara , WAHM to Rayne (03/05) and Aurora (05/08).
#310 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoB View Post
A friend of mine got her H1N1 shot then two days later we get news that she's in the hospital and can't walk . She is also in terrible pain besides but she has had walking issues before so I'm for sure they won't put that connection in with the shot .

She should report it to vaers anyway. she can do it herself, dr doesn't have to.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#311 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad9 View Post
I think, unfortunately, it is normal. When I was at the ob yesterday and told her that all 8 of my kids had h1n1 in the spring she said "so you were all on tamiflu" ? I laughed (unintentionally) and said "no way". She was taken aback and gave me "the look" like I was the most irresponsible human being on the planet.
I am so familiar with that look... This same mama gave it to me when she realized I don't vax on schedule (and I even vax...some...sometimes...) Her mom working in a peds office apparently makes her an expert on health.

In better news, when my cousin's 7mo got the flu this week (no idea if he was vaxed yet) the ped said to keep him home and keep him hydrated. Don't even bother bringing him in. Apparently she found a non-insane ped somehow.

Incidentally the baby has pretty much recovered (in 3 days).

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif
#312 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:

Agreed. If media controls us to this degree that we panic as a nation over a flu proving to be less deadly than regular seasonal flu, what will we do in a real crisis?

However, I did see where 60% of people are not planning to get H1N1 vaccine for their kids, so I think there is hope for us... not everyone is so gullible, but that 40% number is scary... should be much, much lower!

Has everyone seen Bell Tolling for Swine Flu

It is a must see.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#313 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmum35 View Post

However, I did see where 60% of people are not planning to get H1N1 vaccine for their kids, so I think there is hope for us... not everyone is so gullible, but that 40% number is scary... should be much, much lower!
of course, that poll came out before the CDC decided to inflate the actual numbers, including pediatric deaths, FOUR FOLD.
gee, its a little hard to believe that in the event of a pediatric death, particularly in this media frenzy, that the States altogether 'missed' 431 kid deaths. Good thing the CDC is picking up that slack....
#314 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 PM

I've always been really, really leary of the main stream media and not so much trusting of doctors but now am SO bitter and untrusting I'm starting to scare myself. I mean, I'm afraid to go to the dr. alone for fear they will hold me down and force a vax on me. I trust my m/w, sort of, and our holistic family doc but that's it. I'd be terrified to go to an ER or urgent care and cannot wait to get to 36 wks of pregnancy so I don't have to worry about early delivery and having a baby in the hospital (I'm going to an ABC). I find myself scoffing more than usual at ANY media outlet that is even remotely mainstream, I'm bitter at the general population at stores, church, library, wherever. And since we had a big discussion about all of this on my homeschooling groups email loop I'm now bitter at the families that vaxed (and waited 3 hours in the RAIN to do it!!) and have lost friends over this....it's insane. I'm trying *trying* to keep a clear head about this but it's hard. Esp. since my OB, whom I genuinely loved and respected, went absolutely nuts and we had to leave there and change practices altogether. Ugh! Well, I just had to get that off of my chest. At least my parents are on board w/us as are my brother/SIL and their two kids. Otherwise I'd be afraid to go to Thanksgiving, LOL.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#315 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_lily View Post
The vaccine manufactures pay into a fund that is then used to compensate vaccine injury victims. I believe the total amount is in the neighbourhood of USD 2 Billion per year.

But to get any of that you have to go to special vaccine court, pay for lawyers, wait years, and then *prove* it was the vax. Good luck to that.

It is best to expect that if your child has a vaccine injury, you are on your own.
It is actually the taxpayers that pay into this fund...there is a tax on each vaccine given...that money is used..the manufacterers don't pay a thing.

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensat...Trust_Fund.htm

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#316 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 07:12 PM

Week 44 (Nov 1-7) was the second of a really large drop in cases:
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weekly...0/WhoLab44.htm

intactivist.gif  ribbonpb.gif RN student, bellycast.gif birth doula since 2006
#317 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
I guess the vaccine is working its magic!
#318 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileree View Post

guess that's why they had to institute the new 'counting' methods. deaths just aren't ringing up the way they are supposed to in a pandemic.

marnica is right - taxpayers pay the 'tax' not pharma - and again pointing out that the H1N1 vaccine is not yet one of the vaxes included in the 'injury' program - those taking the vax are on their own entirely.

ekblad9 - I hear ya. If you can't tell from my obsessive posting today - I am LOSING it over the CDC new numbers and media today....I guess we all have our moments. wishing you peace and health with your little one on the way .
#319 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileree View Post
Thank you for this. So if I am reading this right -- the large orange bars are the specimens sent in, presumed to be H1N1, and the black line is the percentage that actually WERE? So, all of those other cases are just... "seasonal flu"?
#320 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Sandals View Post

marnica is right - taxpayers pay the 'tax' not pharma - and again pointing out that the H1N1 vaccine is not yet one of the vaxes included in the 'injury' program - those taking the vax are on their own entirely.
I actually believe that the vaxers are paying for it. It's tacked on to every vax given...so even if your kid comes through unscathed (according to the tabled injuries anyway) you are paying for those who didn't.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#321 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad9 View Post
I've always been really, really leary of the main stream media and not so much trusting of doctors but now am SO bitter and untrusting I'm starting to scare myself. I mean, I'm afraid to go to the dr. alone for fear they will hold me down and force a vax on me. I trust my m/w, sort of, and our holistic family doc but that's it. I'd be terrified to go to an ER or urgent care and cannot wait to get to 36 wks of pregnancy so I don't have to worry about early delivery and having a baby in the hospital (I'm going to an ABC). I find myself scoffing more than usual at ANY media outlet that is even remotely mainstream, I'm bitter at the general population at stores, church, library, wherever. And since we had a big discussion about all of this on my homeschooling groups email loop I'm now bitter at the families that vaxed (and waited 3 hours in the RAIN to do it!!) and have lost friends over this....it's insane. I'm trying *trying* to keep a clear head about this but it's hard. Esp. since my OB, whom I genuinely loved and respected, went absolutely nuts and we had to leave there and change practices altogether. Ugh! Well, I just had to get that off of my chest. At least my parents are on board w/us as are my brother/SIL and their two kids. Otherwise I'd be afraid to go to Thanksgiving, LOL.
Its tough to go against the grain. Especially with vaccination. I had no idea until I started questioning vax that so many people are seemingly IN LOVE with vaccination. To question it is like your questioning whether our bodies really need oxygen to survive...
#322 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 10:20 PM

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but i hadn't seen it, and it is FREAKING ME OUT:

http://baltimorechronicle.com/2009/111109Lendman.shtml

Mama to 2 sweet gorgeous children, a 4-year-old DS and a 1-year-old DD.
#323 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelachristin View Post
FREAKING ME OUT
I'm sorry you are freaking out. Have you read this November thread? I don't think that exact link had been posted before, so thanks... And I admit that I did not read the entire thing, but I skimmed it. Which part has you freaking out? Do you live in the Ukraine?
#324 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
My granddaughter has the flu! My daughter was laughing about how mild it is and trying to figure out if she needs to stay home and be sick for a second day...

the scaremongering around this has been amazing
#325 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 11:14 PM

What is the swine flu booster? Is a booster shot just getting the same shot twice?

My good friends just got over the N1H1 flu. They picked it up some where between the bay area and Vegas. They are both healthy mid 30s adults. They spent a solid 10 days at home 7 of them in bed with the worst flu symptoms they have ever had.
#326 of 555 Old 11-13-2009, 11:49 PM

Children 9 and under are supposed to have 2 doses, about 3-4 weeks apart.
#327 of 555 Old 11-14-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
I'm sorry you are freaking out. Have you read this November thread? I don't think that exact link had been posted before, so thanks... And I admit that I did not read the entire thing, but I skimmed it. Which part has you freaking out? Do you live in the Ukraine?
Yes, I've read this whole thread and the october one and wasn't nervous at all until now. I don't live in the Ukraine, but what scares me is whether it has mutated to a strain that is now causing hemorrhagic pneumonia.

Mama to 2 sweet gorgeous children, a 4-year-old DS and a 1-year-old DD.
#328 of 555 Old 11-14-2009, 01:34 AM

From what I could tell, still only 135 people have died from it, of the hundreds of thousands who supposedly contracted the disease. Not really something I'd be too wound up over. THe whole article seemed like a lot of fear-mongering to me.

Denise, mama to ds1 (03/26/05) and boy/girl twins born 08/12/08
#329 of 555 Old 11-14-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but i hadn't seen it, and it is FREAKING ME OUT:

Here's more on that subject.. http://www.theflucase.com/index.php?...mid=64&lang=en

Possibly chemtrails?? What are they spraying??
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a...cha_shortfilms
#330 of 555 Old 11-14-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:

here is the latest from the WHO http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/...ing_worldwide/

"The initial analysis of information indicates that the numbers of severe cases do not appear to be excessive when compared to the experience of other countries and do not represent any change in the transmission or virulence of the virus," the statement said.

there is every indication that after 7 months of widespread activity, the swine flu is burning itself out.

Keep in mind WORLDWIDE - the swine flu has claimed 6200 lives. Seasonal flu is estimated to kill 500,000 worldwide every year.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page