Of Daptacels , Pentacels and Mice. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-06-2009, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

Please help me - I am in a big quandary here and don't know what to do.

My DD is on a delayed vax sched and so far has gotten only one DTAP(Daptacel) shot given at her 3 mo appointment.

Now she is 6 mo and we are wanting to give her HIB and another DTaP. But I have 2 ways to do this.

1. Give her a ActHIB shot separately and another Daptacel. But IMO that is two vaxes and increases the amount of preservatives and heavy metals more than if we were to give her the:

2. Pentacel which is like one vax(Plus) but it has DTaP (want), HIB (want) and Polio (Do NOT want). Plus Pentacel doesn't state what it constitutes very explicitly and clearly - so that is a negative. Am I right in being totally against a Polio shot this early in my daughter's life? Dr. Sears doesn't recommend it before 9 mos.

If I go the 2 vax route (1st option) - is there a way to do this well? Should I give her both shots in one day, one time OR should I space them out. If yes - how many days apart should I space them out? What are the benefits of one option vs. another and one method vs. another?

Please can someone help with these questions? TIA.
#2 of 6 Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_Mom View Post

Now she is 6 mo and we are wanting to give her HIB and another DTaP. But I have 2 ways to do this.
Since we don't believe vaccines are necessary I am not going to give you a good reply. I just want to make you aware of the fact that a DTaP vaccine is not one vaccine. It is one shot, but is in fact three vaccines. That one shot alone injects 3 diseases.

That would never happen in nature btw.
#3 of 6 Old 12-06-2009, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
Since we don't believe vaccines are necessary I am not going to give you a good reply. I just want to make you aware of the fact that a DTaP vaccine is not one vaccine. It is one shot, but is in fact three vaccines. That one shot alone injects 3 diseases.

That would never happen in nature btw.
Agreed.

My "one vax" comment was more in keeping with the amount of preservatives and heavy metals that go in making a vaccine. So if DTaP were 3 different shots then the amount of aluminium would be higher than it is for one shot.

Sorry if that was mis-written.

And trust me - I would love to be in your shoes and *be* comfortable with it. But I am a sissy and a ninny and would rather "feel" like we have protected our DD from these grave dangers. I am on the fence about vaccinations myself and it is not a good place to be
#4 of 6 Old 12-06-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_Mom View Post
Agreed.

My "one vax" comment was more in keeping with the amount of preservatives and heavy metals that go in making a vaccine. So if DTaP were 3 different shots then the amount of aluminium would be higher than it is for one shot.

Sorry if that was mis-written.

And trust me - I would love to be in your shoes and *be* comfortable with it. But I am a sissy and a ninny and would rather "feel" like we have protected our DD from these grave dangers. I am on the fence about vaccinations myself and it is not a good place to be
Which grave dangers are you particularly worried about?

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#5 of 6 Old 12-07-2009, 12:18 AM

The aP portion of the DTaP shot is one of the weakest as far as prevention of disease is concerned and one of the most nuerologically unstable. Doctors have known of this since 1940.

Diphtheria is a problem only because of the way it was treated not because of the disease. It was treated with warm milk and this aggravated the disease process. It was also a problem in crowded, poorly ventilated living quarters. Only 52 cases were reported in the U.S. by the CDC from 1980-2000 and only three cases since 2000. No reports as to the vaccine status of those affected.

Tetanus is not a concern in healthy persons.

You did not ask about polio, but there have been no naturally occurring cases of polio since 1979. All reported cases since 1979 are associated with the vaccine, typically the OPV.
#6 of 6 Old 12-07-2009, 12:20 AM

Actually, Pentacel is simply daptacel + acthib + whatever the polio brand is. So you are NOT getting extra preservatives or aluminum by using the singles because you are using the single brands that are combined to form that large combination.

(so if you got daptacel + acthib, you would be getting .33 aluminum micrograms; if you got pentacel, you would ALSO be getting .33 micrograms aluminum)

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page