Vaccines and allergies - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-09-2009, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Would love to have put this in parenting for the wider audience of people not just seeking vaccine info....)

I am wondering if you have a child who has allergies and if they were vaccinated and on what schedule?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 12-09-2009, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My three kids have never been vaccinated and do not have any allergies. Both DH and myself were vaccinated in the mid-80's on a regular schedule for then and neither of us have any allergies either.
#3 of 14 Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
All of my children are 100% unvaccinated and 3 of 5 of them have (undiagnosed) allergies/intolerances.

DD1 is allergic to dogs.
DD3 can't tolerate gluten or msg, maybe more.
DD4 - I am still working it out. She reacts really badly to gluten, corn, latex-cross reactive foods, and sals.

I was vaccinated, probably not as much as today's kids (born in '79), with my last one being the Hep B in 1998, about a year before I got pregnant with my oldest child. I have really bad chemical sensitivities, cat and dog allergies, and have felt extremely better since being forced to go gluten-free for my kids.

My husband doesn't have any allergies that we are aware of, but he did react very badly to his vaccinations and that is one of the reasons we have refused them for our children.

ETA: I was exposed to mercury from a broken light bulb during my last pregnancy, with dd4.
#4 of 14 Old 12-09-2009, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

I was vaxed, no allergies, dh was vaxed, egg allergies and maybe wheat. DD not vaxed at all and so far no allergies.
#5 of 14 Old 12-09-2009, 10:45 PM

Don't forget about epi-genetics.
#6 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 01:15 AM

Me- fully vaxxed, seasonal allergies
DH - fully vaxxed, no allergies
DS - mostly vaxxed, no allergies
DD - barely vaxxed, no allergies
#7 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 02:03 AM

DS (2.5 years old)
100% unvaxed
Anaphylactic to peanut and sesame
Allergic to dogs, cats, dust mites
Gluten Intolerant (probable celiac)
Asthma

I feel that if he had been vaccinated his allergies would be worse and he would have more food allergies. Obviously I have no real evidence for this. I just really feel it in my gut, I don't know why.

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

#8 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 02:40 AM

3 girls, all 3 unvaxxed

oldest 2 , 8 & 4. no allergies
youngest.. (almost) 2. had bad excema , tested allergic to cats,eggs,dairy,peanuts, beef, and chicken. (excema cleared up amazing after cutting chicken & beef.. I had figured out the other allergies..but never would have guessed those 2)
#9 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 04:01 AM

I was Vaxed on schedule for the 80's and have seasonal allergies and possible dairy and egg.I say possible because I never liked either when i was growing up so I stay away and when i have eaten them by themselves I've been ill afterwards.I also used to get out of the blue crazy high fevers and sometimes even stopped breathing that if the dots had been connected at the time were most likely caused by my vaxes.
DH was vaxed in the 80's and has seasonal allergies.
Our oldest was vaxed til 2 and had excema that showed up after each shot and got worse after each one as well.it is slowly getting better.
Our 2nd had the first 2 rounds and has excema as well but its to a lesser degree.
Our youngest two never were vaxed and also have never had excema.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#10 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
I feel that if he had been vaccinated his allergies would be worse and he would have more food allergies. Obviously I have no real evidence for this. I just really feel it in my gut, I don't know why.
This! Everything I have read on this issue makes me believe that dd4 would have been sent over the edge if she had been vaccinated.
#11 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
DS is unvaxed and has multiple sensitivities to varous foods and environmental things. I am very allergic and have been my whole life....Genes paly a big role in allergies I think. This is one of the reasons I don't vax. I believe it would make DS MUCH worse.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#12 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisteeesmama View Post
(Would love to have put this in parenting for the wider audience of people not just seeking vaccine info....)

I am wondering if you have a child who has allergies and if they were vaccinated and on what schedule?

Thank you!
Emma - age 6 - got some shots. Hep B at birth, 2 mo shots and 4 mo shots.

No allergies. (Neurological issues, but no allergies that we can detect.)

Addie - age 4 - got no shots.

No allergies. (or any other regular health issues.)

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#13 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma View Post
This! Everything I have read on this issue makes me believe that dd4 would have been sent over the edge if she had been vaccinated.
Off topic a little from what you're saying, but I believe my child would have been plunged into the world of autism had we given her one or two more sets of shots.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#14 of 14 Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Dd1 received a single Heb B vax at birth, otherwise unvaccinated, and is severely allergic to milk, egg, peanut. Dh and I were both vaccinated as children (thankfully on the "old" schedules, and some of mine were selective/delayed/partial doses). I have no allergies, dh is allergic to milk and outgrew an egg allergy (his three siblings were all allergic to milk, assumed to have outgrown). My side of the family DOES have an extensive history of vaccine reactions to varying degrees.

I don't believe the one vax had anything to do with dd having allergies, but I definitely believe that had we continued to vax, her allergies would be even worse than they already are and/or she would have had terrible (and potentially permanent) reactions.

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page