Reasons to be concerned?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS has not yet had any vaccines as we had decided to delay his vaccinations until he is 6 months (as we have no option of selective vaccines in our area) and his appointment is coming up in a few weeks. I still have concerns due to some of the following reasons and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they feel that they are real reasons to be concerned about? (He is exclusively breastfed and has not yet had any type of solids)
1: He is cutting teeth and sometimes has a fever
2: The skin around his eyes often turns really red (allergy like) but my doctor says that he is too young to determine if he is allergic to something
3: He often has dry patches of skin and I can't really tell if it may be ezcema or if it is just normal dry skin (due to baths possibily?)

Thanks so much and any advice/tips are appreciated!
#2 of 7 Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 PM

What do you mean that you cannot selectively vaccinate in your area?

I would be concerned about all three.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#3 of 7 Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 AM

Have you researched the connection between vaccines and ezcema, or vaccines and allergies? Yes, I would be very concerned about injecting such a healthy baby with something that could possibly make him very sick. Vaccine ingredients are nasty. Nasty. Keep your baby healthy...don't vaccinate. Breastfeeding and later feeding healthy foods, fresh air, exercise and love are what will keep him healthy, not vaccines.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#4 of 7 Old 12-12-2009, 03:04 AM

You put a Canadian flag on this post are you in Canada? Because if you are there are only 3 provinces with mandated vaxes for school only and even then you can easily obtain an exemption and get your kids in school. Everywhere else there isn't any mandated vaxes. I'm in Alberta and my partially vaxed son is in school and I have never even been asked about vaxes by the school.

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/canada.htm

You have every right to selectively vax if you want. You can also delay as much as you want. You just have to be ready to stand up to who ever is giving the vaxes and demand only the ones you want and when you want. They cannot force anyone to vax anywhere in Canada.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#5 of 7 Old 12-12-2009, 04:11 AM

I would listen to your gut, which seems to be telling you it's not the time to vaccinate. You need to feel 100% comfortable with it before you let that needle come anywhere close to your baby.
#6 of 7 Old 12-12-2009, 03:02 PM

It's too early to determine an allergy but there are things you can do such as an elimination diet yourself, or just try cutting out dairy and/or gluten (common allergens in infants).

Both my daughter's had similar symptoms and they are both allergic to dairy. If I so much as look at milk and breastfeed my now 18 month old she's up crying all night. It's been like that since she was born.

Personally we're no vax due to multiple reasons. The fact that my two girls have allergies that I feel strongly would be worsened by vaccination is only a small part of this.

With symptoms like you're talking about, I would absolutely delay (we'll, *I* wouldn't vax, but it sounds like you're leaning towards wanting to vax). If you do decide to vax I would ensure they were VERY spaced out and learn as much as you can about each vax before they are given to your child. Ask for the inserts. Monitor reactions carefully. Wait until her is healthy and not exhibiting symptoms before administering a vax.

You CAN selectively vaccinate in Canada. All this means is you are choosing when and which vaccines to give your child. There is NO all or nothing. If your doctor is telling you otherwise, they are grossly misinformed.

Tamara , WAHM to Rayne (03/05) and Aurora (05/08).
#7 of 7 Old 12-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caidyn View Post
DS has not yet had any vaccines as we had decided to delay his vaccinations until he is 6 months (as we have no option of selective vaccines in our area) and his appointment is coming up in a few weeks. I still have concerns due to some of the following reasons and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they feel that they are real reasons to be concerned about? (He is exclusively breastfed and has not yet had any type of solids)
1: He is cutting teeth and sometimes has a fever
2: The skin around his eyes often turns really red (allergy like) but my doctor says that he is too young to determine if he is allergic to something
3: He often has dry patches of skin and I can't really tell if it may be ezcema or if it is just normal dry skin (due to baths possibily?)

Thanks so much and any advice/tips are appreciated!
I would not vaccinate. Well, obviously since we didn't. Thank heavens. Anyway, a child with those simptoms migh have have allergies and may respond with allergies to the vaccines.

Do you know how vaccines are grown and manufactured and what is in them? That might be the first bit of info you'll want to take a look at. Then ask yourself, do I really trust those things in my child's body? And also, can they make him healthier than what he is right now or only cause him damage?

BTW in Canada you absolutely do NOT have to vaccinate your child nor do you have to go to well visits. It is really up to you.

Look around this web site Vaccine ingredients and get informed about what is in the shots.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page