The myth of Selectively Vaccinating? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm confused. This is what I wanted to do. I wanted to wait until he was five and then maybe do a couple of the ones we think are necessary. I thought by choosing to homeschool we didn't have to worry about it. Wrong. Turns out once we report he has to have the same vaxes he needs to go to public school. If we file a Religious exemption then we can't ever get any vaxes again and I plan on having quite a few more children. So it appears to be ALL or NOTHING which doesn't really seem very constitutional. Even Dr. Sears has his delayed/selective schedule for parents who would otherwise not vax at all. Where would you be able to follow this? It just seems silly to have it be and all or nothing because then they are pushing parents who would have chosen some vaxes to choosing no vaxes. But I digress from my orginal point and question.

So is this true? Is it really all or nothing? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

I have boys! My first baby boy was born 10/08 and my second baby boy was born 7/12

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 07:23 PM

Yes, it's pretty true...the only other thing you can do is cross state lines and be sure that you have opted out of your state registry (if possible).

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#3 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 PM

This may not be much help, but I would check your state's compulsory school age. It would at least buy you some time.

If your state allows a philosophical exception or leaves the language for a religious exemptions open (like it says: personal beliefs like that of a religion) then you may be able to get around it, saying you don't believe all vaccines are necessary and you don't believe any are necessary before a certain age. It may not get you far, but it's worth a try.

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!
#4 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 08:11 PM

I think sears schedule eventually does every vax on the schedule...and does them by school age anyway.

The book tells you which are not important and which are most dangerous...then tells you when you should get them

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#5 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 08:21 PM

I think you could do the ones you want to at the Health Dept and then have a change of religion. Hmmm tricky situation. Which ones were you considering? We did change our mind and claimed a religious exemption, but the vaccines were done in a different state b/c we moved.
#6 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 08:26 PM

There are plenty of parents who chose one or two vaccine and they used an exemption anyway. I think that's why they created "the registry".

But then you have to figure if a child lives healthy until the age of 5, there is little value in missing with his health. He'll never be that healthy again after injecting toxins. jmho
#7 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
There are plenty of parents who chose one or two vaccine and they used an exemption anyway. I think that's why they created "the registry".

But then you have to figure if a child lives healthy until the age of 5, there is little value in missing with his health. He'll never be that healthy again after injecting toxins. jmho
Really? THere are? That gives me some hope. Do you just have to have an understandng ped?

What is the registry? Must research this.

and yes, I do agree with you in a way. I haven't completely made up my mind but I am appalled by the lack of choice.

I have boys! My first baby boy was born 10/08 and my second baby boy was born 7/12

#8 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
I think sears schedule eventually does every vax on the schedule...and does them by school age anyway.

The book tells you which are not important and which are most dangerous...then tells you when you should get them
He has two schedules. One gets you all of them and the other doesn't but I can't find the book to be certain.

#9 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

We will probably end up in PA. The reporting age is 8.

#10 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

does anybody know if you can claim religious exemption to just the ones that use aborted fetuses and hep b because of its sexual nature?

#11 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony08 View Post
does anybody know if you can claim religious exemption to just the ones that use aborted fetuses and hep b because of its sexual nature?
No. That is considered philosophical. To be a religious exemption, you have to be opposed to the practice of vaccination, not the vaccines themselves.

#12 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
In Vermont people pick and choose and it isn't a problem. But Vermont is one of the saner states around.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it (if the government still allows you to say no...)
#13 of 25 Old 12-12-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
In Vermont people pick and choose and it isn't a problem. But Vermont is one of the saner states around.
It's not a problem in MD, either.
#14 of 25 Old 12-13-2009, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Once you file a religious exemption for one child, any additional vaccines for that child would invalidate the exemption for that child (presuming they cross-check between the registry and the exemptions they've received). But at a practical level, I'm not sure they are able to cross-check vaccination status between children in the same family. Maybe they'll add that capability in the future, but I'm not sure they do it now.

Some states do allow pick-and-choose philosophical exemptions, so everyone needs to check their own state laws (and support rational changes to state law).
#15 of 25 Old 12-13-2009, 01:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Not a problem in Michigan either. When you sign the exemption form, you can list which vaccines you are opting out of.
#16 of 25 Old 12-13-2009, 02:04 AM

Texas also makes it easy for non or selective vaxers. On the exemption form, you check which vaccines you don't want.

Loving mother, Devoted Wife
#17 of 25 Old 12-13-2009, 04:40 AM

most schools where i am (california) dont double check to see if children have not gotten a vaccine. if you tell them you dont vax, they take your word on it and you just dont have to fill out the card.
maybe its different here though than where you are? i mean, i doubt your ped is going to call the school or state and tattle on you if you say your not vaxing and still get a few.
#18 of 25 Old 12-13-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Actually, from what I understand, a religious exemption must be used to show opposment to ALL vaccines. To be opposed to vaccines that use aborted fetal cells would be a philisophical exemption, and cannot apply to all.
#19 of 25 Old 12-13-2009, 09:52 AM

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/sta...nsylvania.aspx

I have no idea if your state has a registry. You can opt out of it, right? Also ask around in finding your tribe. I've found family practioners to be better about this issue than PED. What vaccines are you thinking of doing? If it is just like tetanus, maybe you could just get that one done at the health department. That is what one dr would have us do, b/c they didn't actually do the shots at their office. It is going to look better imo if you stop vax completely after declaring exempt.
#20 of 25 Old 12-13-2009, 02:29 PM

we enrolled dd1 in ps k. She went for about 2 months, now we are back to hsing and plan to hs for many years. When I filled out the enrollment forms, I lied, and said she did not have any VAX, even though she did have a few, but not all. Its not like the school is allowed to access my kids medical files.... so besides me telling them what vax, they would never know otherwise.
#21 of 25 Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeteaa View Post
Its not like the school is allowed to access my kids medical files.... so besides me telling them what vax, they would never know otherwise.
My understanding is the the purpose of the state registries was so that schools and doctors would have access to a child's vaccination record. Is this not true for your state?
#22 of 25 Old 12-15-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
These vaxes were developed with fetal tissue. There are no babies in the vax Just clarifying, I totally understand the desire to not want to use a product that was developed with fetal tissue also!

What state are you in? We can check your state's wording.

You can claim personal or religions reasons. No one is going to grill you on what religion you are and if you are following the tenates as relates to vaxes. That's unconstitutional.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#23 of 25 Old 12-15-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama1803 View Post
My understanding is the the purpose of the state registries was so that schools and doctors would have access to a child's vaccination record. Is this not true for your state?
it is true for my state. HIPPA allows for the school medical personal to have access to pertinent medical history. They aren't going to go tell the history teacher which kids are and aren't vaxed, but they will call you if chicken pox (for example) is going around and they know your kids never had the vax.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#24 of 25 Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 PM

Finding a sympathetic family practitioner can help. For example, some FPs will vax your child selectively as you ask, but give you a blank vaccination record to provide to authorities. Also, while pediatricians have to report vaccination rates, FPs do not (as I understand it). So it's easier to opt out of that sort of record-keeping database if you see a FP.
#25 of 25 Old 12-19-2009, 03:55 PM

I think it's amazing that we can have freedom of choice as long as we follow the masses. Do anything against the norm and all of a sudden people panic.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page