feeling guilty and worried about future - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In my first pregnancy (2008) I did not konw that babies did not need hepb and since the hospital recommended it, I thought they were looking out for us so I let them vaccinate my first born with HepB. After researching, I now realize it wasn't needed and having regrets. She got the complete HebB vaccine at such a young age (newborn, 2 months and 3 months). She is fine and active toddler now (21 months), but I am worried this will have affected her health in the future when she gets older? Anyone know?

I did not let my second baby get the HebB since I knew better the second time around. I just wish I knew when I had my first baby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
All I can say is my eldest (now 19) received the hepB series as a newborn also, and I don't feel her health was damaged as a result; she was (and still is) a robust, healthy child. If I had it to do over, I certainly wouldn't have allowed her to have this vaccination, or any of the others she received as child, but I can't take them back. Neither of my other children have had any vaccines at all, and I honestly can't say they are healthier than my vaxed child. There are many other factors involved in vibrant health: nutrition, stress, genetics etc.

t

"There are only two mistakes you can make in the search for the Truth. Not starting, and not going all the way." ~ Mark Passio
#3 of 6 Old 12-18-2009, 01:09 AM

Don't beat yourself up. You did the best you could at the time. When we know more we make better decisions, that's it. Live and learn. But this is over and done with, so let it go.

#4 of 6 Old 12-18-2009, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies thanks for your words of encouragement. I know I have to let it go just sometimes I feel guilty for not educating myself beforehand. But the good part is that she never had a bad reaction to any of her vaccines which is great and she is very healthy and active.
#5 of 6 Old 12-18-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsu15 View Post
Hi ladies thanks for your words of encouragement. I know I have to let it go just sometimes I feel guilty for not educating myself beforehand. But the good part is that she never had a bad reaction to any of her vaccines which is great and she is very healthy and active.
The best way for her to get rid of the toxins of vaccines is to let her run a fever (whenever) and don't medicate at all.
#6 of 6 Old 12-18-2009, 10:23 PM

I agree with everyone else. You need to stop beating yourself up, and feeling guilty. I too, wasn't as educated as I should have been on vaccines going into parenthood. I researched well, but not on vaccines. Everyone in my life is very mainstream (and do not question doctors!!), so not circing, not vaxing, extended breastfeeding, etc. were not very known to me. I had to figure it all out on my own. And I am sooo thankful I have. Try to focus on the fact that you ARE educated better now. Aside from vaxs there are so many other things you are NOW in control of to make your children more healthy, happy individuals.

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page