What are your top reasons for not vaxing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious, if the non vaxers here had to make a list as the top reasons they don't vax what would they be?

For me:

1. I don't like the ingredients
2. I believe they kill and injury thousands of children every year and the gov not only knows, but tolerates it
3. I firmly believe they are responsible for the rise in autism, diabetes, chronic adult illness and the general overall lousy health of americans
4. I believe they lower IQ and the ability to think
5. I don't think they woork
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 07:27 PM

Basically everything you listed along with the damage that was done to my dd from vax.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 12-22-2009, 07:32 PM

Yup!

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
Old 12-22-2009, 08:35 PM

everything you listed plus they haven't been proven safe
Old 12-22-2009, 09:40 PM

My first and main reason is that I find the injection of anything into a healthy human body as totally interfering with health.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:14 AM

Quite simply, I believe the vaccine itself is more dangerous than any VPD my child could get.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:24 PM

1. It doesn't make sense.
2. It never made sense to me.
3. None of the CDC facts/arguments are logical.
4. I can read. I have read a great deal.
5. It still doesn't make sense.
and to quote GITTI:
My first and main reason is that I find the injection of anything into a healthy human body as totally interfering with health.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
When I looked into it, I found out they dont even really work and are not responsible for the decline in VAD at all.

I found out there are NO long term studies regarding health and side effects.

I dont think health comes from a needle or pill.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
Old 12-28-2009, 04:50 AM

Everything you said... for me, it just didn't feel right.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
After researching, I was terrified.
Dd seemed to get sickER after vaccines which is why I started researching.
I feel most are more harmful than the actual illness
I think that natural immunity is better in the longrun
Since Sensory processing d/o is a neurological disorder, I feel it's unsafe to continue vaccinating.
I think injecting harmful toxins into the body can cause long term neurological damage.
I am convinced of the above!
I've NEVER EVER been the same since a hep B shot I recieve October 10th, 1999. I'm now on disability.
I do not believe for one minute that big pharma has "our" best interests in mind, it's all about money, and how many vaccines they can scare us in to thinking we need.

There is more..

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2009, 04:00 PM

As I said on the other thread, common sense.

Please, think about it.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:18 PM

For me it was a GUT THING!

I had my older 2 boys vaxed --but only because I did not know there were exemptions.

Child # 3 -I was enlightened after she had 3 shots and was due for another --I COULD NOT GO AHEAD WITH IT.

Got me searching health and illnes and how to deal with sickness.
THANKS MOTHERING!

Formally known as jazmommie
Momma to 4 Indigo kids ,22,19,11 and 3
Old 01-07-2010, 04:36 PM

There are many reasons, some more significant than others. In order it would probably look something like this.

1. I believe that Nature created our bodies in a way designed to combat illness and that interferring with that via immunizations seriously compromises the way our bodies were designed to work.
2. I do not believe that most VPD's are "scary" or automatically life changing or fatal. With proper hygeine and nutrition, as well as common sense and available medical treatment, I believe that for most people these diseases are not a real concern.
3. The inbreeding of vaccine makers and people in key places of policy decision making power raises far too many red flags for me to consider any recommendations from those sources as valid. Likewise the refusal to acknowledge any possibility for serious side effects as well as the vaccine manufacturer's "immunity status" from lawsuits raises more concerns.
4. The ingredients in vaccines are not things that were meant to be injected into the human body and have a very real potential for disaster.
5. The potential for disaster has not been adequately researched.
6. Secondary and cross contamination from the vaccine incubation procedures is rarely acknowledged and seldom studied - another potential for disaster.
7. Vaccines are not proven to be effective. No one knows how long they last, if they'll "take", when they may or may not wear off or how well they work. Many children who receive the chickenpox vaccine, for example, still contract chickenpox.
8. I would not want to be responsible for intentionally exposing other children or adults to VPD's - which can and does happen with the shedding issue of some vaccines.
9. I hate needles and don't like to see my children get shots. (Obviously if points 1-8 did not exist this wouldn't prevent me from providing what I felt to be the best medical treatment for my kids. But it is true - I do hate needles! LOL!)
I think that's all, but I may be leaving some out.

Funny, I haven't seen a lot of people posting about their fears of autism in this thread. Don't y'all know that's the *only* concern non-vaxing parents have? Sheesh people, get with the program <sarcasm>
Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 PM

- I'm not comfortable with the ingredients.

- While I don't want my kids to get sick, I'm comfortable with most (not all!) of the VPD's.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 01-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
There are many reasons, some more significant than others. In order it would probably look something like this.

1. I believe that Nature created our bodies in a way designed to combat illness and that interferring with that via immunizations seriously compromises the way our bodies were designed to work.
2. I do not believe that most VPD's are "scary" or automatically life changing or fatal. With proper hygeine and nutrition, as well as common sense and available medical treatment, I believe that for most people these diseases are not a real concern.
3. The inbreeding of vaccine makers and people in key places of policy decision making power raises far too many red flags for me to consider any recommendations from those sources as valid. Likewise the refusal to acknowledge any possibility for serious side effects as well as the vaccine manufacturer's "immunity status" from lawsuits raises more concerns.
4. The ingredients in vaccines are not things that were meant to be injected into the human body and have a very real potential for disaster.
5. The potential for disaster has not been adequately researched.
6. Secondary and cross contamination from the vaccine incubation procedures is rarely acknowledged and seldom studied - another potential for disaster.
7. Vaccines are not proven to be effective. No one knows how long they last, if they'll "take", when they may or may not wear off or how well they work. Many children who receive the chickenpox vaccine, for example, still contract chickenpox.
8. I would not want to be responsible for intentionally exposing other children or adults to VPD's - which can and does happen with the shedding issue of some vaccines.
9. I hate needles and don't like to see my children get shots. (Obviously if points 1-8 did not exist this wouldn't prevent me from providing what I felt to be the best medical treatment for my kids. But it is true - I do hate needles! LOL!)
I think that's all, but I may be leaving some out.

Funny, I haven't seen a lot of people posting about their fears of autism in this thread. Don't y'all know that's the *only* concern non-vaxing parents have? Sheesh people, get with the program <sarcasm>
well said!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:17 AM

~None of the vaccine ingredients belong in the human body.
~We were created perfect, and our bodies have the ability to fight off disease from within, without inteference from the outside.
~Too many, too soon...
~Side effects... as the vax schedule goes on the rise, so is autism, diabetes, learning disordes and the sad state of health in America.

~~Nadia~~Crunchy Single Mommy to Natalia(4) and Alana(2) 

~~~Soon to be a Chiropractor~~~

Old 01-30-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey's mom View Post
After researching, I was terrified.
Dd seemed to get sickER after vaccines which is why I started researching.
I feel most are more harmful than the actual illness
I think that natural immunity is better in the longrun
Since Sensory processing d/o is a neurological disorder, I feel it's unsafe to continue vaccinating.
I think injecting harmful toxins into the body can cause long term neurological damage.
I am convinced of the above!
I've NEVER EVER been the same since a hep B shot I recieve October 10th, 1999. I'm now on disability.
I do not believe for one minute that big pharma has "our" best interests in mind, it's all about money, and how many vaccines they can scare us in to thinking we need.

There is more..

Wow.. Your post is very interesting..

I stopped after my son's 8th month shot. I can't recall which one it was but, he had became sick. It scared the hell out of me.. I am not a great student at reading almost everything, but it gave me reason to read some books.

Mom's, I am so scared.. I am afraid of both what could happen if I don't and what could happen if I continue.. My son is 2 yrs old and I really don't want him vaccinated anymore for most of the reasons stated here and my own.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
For me (talking about future children here), it's all of the reasons everyone has listed so far, plus the firm belief that the MMR I got when I was 2 caused my current rheumatoid arthritis.

I developed anterior iritis days after the shot, which was successfully treated with anti-inflammatory drops. The iritis returned when I was 12, at which point they began asking if I had any joint pain, because forms of uveitis are usually indicative of a larger systemic issue, mostly autoimmune conditions. No joint pain until this last year (I'm 24), and now I have three large joints affected. It hasn't presented as "typical" RA because it's affected non-symmetrical large joints.

No one knows the exact cause of RA, but they think it's a combination of genetic predisposition and an infectious trigger. If vaccines cause an immune response that would mimic response to an actual infection, isn't it logical that the vaccine could be the infectious trigger? Maybe I was predisposed, but I absolutely, definitively believe that the MMR played a huge role in me developing the disease.

My older brother also has a sensory disorder that my mom believes was caused by vaccines. Our three younger siblings are completely un-vaxed and have no systemic issues at all.

So, yeah. I'll pass on vax.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
Old 01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
JMJ

1. Some of the vaccines are made from aborted fetuses, and I am very pro-life. This was the issue that got me looking at vaccines in the first place.

2. The vaccine companies participate in what I consider to be unethical practices.

3. If you are never exposed to the disease, you are better off not getting the vaccine than getting the vaccine.

4. For most people and most of the diseases, if you are exposed to the disease, you end up better off not getting the vaccine than getting the vaccine because you usually build better immunity.

5) I don't think that universal vaccination against all diseases possible is a good use of our nation's health care dollars.

6) My child is healthy and has excellent nutrition, and I am in a position that if she does get sick, I can stay home with her so that she does not pass her illness on to others or catch more serious illnesses while her immune system is compromised.

Note: I am not completely anti-vax. I vax against illnesses that I believe my daughter is likely to come in contact with, and if she does, it's reasonably likely that she could die or experience long-lasting side effects from the disease... and only if the vax is not made from aborted fetuses.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:23 PM

All of what everyone posted. But my major argument (and what I told my ped) is this:

If vaccines are so perfect and safe and all, *WHY* do the manufacturers need immunity?

My DC's ped couldn't answer the above. So, I told her: If you can answer that, and give me a good explanation for it, I'll vax. She hasn't brought it up since.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 PM

I've seen first hand what happens with vax reactions.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:41 AM

1. We'd like the immune system to function naturally
2. Ingredients in vaccines
3. We'd like our kids to GET some of the illnesses (chicken pox, rubella, mumps)and have true immunity from them. It also helps the immune system to get sick (and get better)
4. Many illnesses do not exist in our kid's environment (polio, diphtheria) or they are not at risk (tetanus)
5. Many vaccines don't work (pertussis to name one, hib & prevnar b/c of serotype replacement)
6. There are lifestyle diseases that are a consequence of their actions (but not a risk as a baby), if they get it, it's their fault (hep b)
7. Not gonna mess with reactions to the shots and risk loss of mental ability or screwing with their gut and health

That covers most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
Note: I am not completely anti-vax. I vax against illnesses that I believe my daughter is likely to come in contact with, and if she does, it's reasonably likely that she could die or experience long-lasting side effects from the disease... and only if the vax is not made from aborted fetuses.
I'd be curious which ones are left after these criteria. To me, there are none left.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 02-06-2010, 05:33 PM

There are so many reasons for why I refuse all vaccines, but here are a couple of reasons that I am thinking of off the top of my head at the moment.

1. I've never seen any proof that vaccines are effective. The standard criteria for vaccine "effectiveness" is measuring antibody production, but I don't agree that the presence of a certain number of antibodies equates to immunity.

2. I've never seen any proof that vaccines are safe. But I've seen plenty of proof that vaccines have killed and maimed millions of people.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

Old 02-08-2010, 07:43 PM

big pharma isn't held liable for the injury they can cause to my child. there is a BIG risk, bigger than they know, bigger than i will ever comprehend. no more vax for us! (and yes, thanks mothering!)
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 PM

I've come across a lot of reasons that span medical, philosophical, societal etc levels. My current number one reason: I consider vaccines a human rights violation, an assault on my little one's body and mind.

nakking...

the industry is corrupt
the people who profit are immune
if my daughter is harmed, it will be ignored, dismissed and I will be 100% respsonsible for all her treatments and treatment costs
the theory is flawed
it goes against my morals to use aborted human cells
I don't want to play a part in shifting the epidemiology of disease
you can't cheat death and you can't trick the human body

Mama to expecting Babe 2
Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by claddaghmom View Post
I've come across a lot of reasons that span medical, philosophical, societal etc levels. My current number one reason: I consider vaccines a human rights violation, an assault on my little one's body and mind.

nakking...

the industry is corrupt
the people who profit are immune
if my daughter is harmed, it will be ignored, dismissed and I will be 100% respsonsible for all her treatments and treatment costs
the theory is flawed
it goes against my morals to use aborted human cells
I don't want to play a part in shifting the epidemiology of disease
you can't cheat death and you can't trick the human body
Pretty much this. I have a serious autoimmune condition and vaccines have been linked to autoimmunity. I would not want this to happen to my child. She will most likely get over measles or whatever, but crohn's is for life and its a pain I cant imagine my child going through.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years
Old 03-09-2010, 01:06 PM

1) the pro-vax research is biased
2) in the first 28 months of ds's life, the only time he got a fever was from a vax, he was breastfed during this time. I stopped vaxing him at 9 months
3) dh broke out in eczema shortly after receiving vaxes for immigration and i later found out that eczema can be caused by vaxes.
4) i didn't like playing genetic russian roulette with vax harm potential. My dh is from india and his family has not been vaxed, so i don't know the possible genetic consequences, same with me, I don't know and never met father or his side of the family, so I don't know half of my family genetic history and whether autoimmune diseases are common.
5) Researching has led me to the conclusion that germs are not that bad as long as your body is well nourished and cared for, a healthy immune system is the best defense against a virus/bacteria.

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 

User Tag List