First off....how crazy and out of your mind can you be... if almost every state in the united States offers either philosophical or religious exemptions?
From your other postings I can see you do not live in one of the 2 states that ONLY offers medical exemptions.
To deem you unfit because of your choice to not vax is to deem the state legislatary and state congress in 48 states unfit. Know what I mean?
have you seen my cheat sheet?
here it is.http://www.mothering.com/discussions...threadid=57794
I am not a lawyer but I would think your own lawyer can make a case that you certainly are not out of your mind especially considering that the following books, support your theory on concerns over vaccines an or are totally supportive of non-traditional care.
If you are crazy than you are in good camp since the money spent on alternative health care is a mega billion dollar industry.
I sincerely believe the right attorney can make this point....imo...
· The Vaccine Guide: Making an Informed Choice by Randall Neustaedter, Randall the Immunization Decision Neusdaedter (Paperback)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=books&n=507846
· How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor by Robert S. Mendelsohn (Paperback)
· Confessions of a Medical Heretic by Robert S. Mendelsohn (Paperback)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=books&n=507846http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
· A Shot in the Dark: Why the P in the Dpt Vaccination May Be Hazardous to Your Child's Health by Harris L. Coulter, Barbara Loe Fisher (Paperback)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9760692-6387203
· Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective by Neil Z. ******, et al (Paperback)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
Jamie Murphy. What Every Parent Should know about Childhood Immunizationhttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...914539?v=glance
· The Immunization Resource Guide : Where to Find Answers to All Your Questions about Childhood Vaccinations by Diane Rozario (Paperback)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
· What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave, Deborah Mitchell (Contributor) (Paperback)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
· Smart Medicine for a Healthier Child: A Practical A-To-Z Reference to Natural and Conventional Treatments for Infants and Children by Janet Zand, et al (Paperback)
· I should say, this book is pro-vax..which I am not thrilled about…but the other stuff is very, very helpful)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
· Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives by Aviva Jill Romm (Paperback)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
· The Sanctity of Human Blood: Vaccination Is Not Immunization - Sixth Edition - 2003 -- Tim O'Shea; Paperbackhttp://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
· Naturally Healthy Babies & Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies by Aviva Jill Romm, William Sears (Paperback)http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=glance&s=books
as for your children being in danger...really? which disease does your opposition believe your child will get...?... take a look at these numbers...
This is one of the hardest to find pages at the cdc… the way that I actually found this page was by accident. I had called the CDC to find out about hib cases and I got a doctor and he sent me to this page…http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwr_wk.html
if you download the current issue it gives you the most uptodate stat that the cdc has on the reportable diseases by the way, the stats are at the end of the document. Anyway, I would start there first.
But just to give you an idea:
Here are the hard numbers for 2003. This is what I found for the last week of the year..... this is the total amount of cases reported to the CDC for 2003.....
Total reported cases to the cdc:
Congenital rubella 0
Hib (under 5)
Non sero b-80
Out of a population of 280 million people in the united states!!
so which disease does the other side think your child will get? Really?
If you check it now, you will see the number of cases for the year as of now (well to be specific as of last Friday..they update the list on Fridays or weekends-from what I can tell).
Remember it is a cumulative list... it is not that many cases per week. It's the year to date.
I will say that critics of the CDC will say that the numbers don't reflect all the cases since sometimes the cases are so mild they don't even get reported or people don't even go to the doctors because the symptoms are so manageable.
please take a look at this:http://www.korenpublications.com/new...april2002.html
"Special Sale: Vaccination Court Brief by Harris Coulter, Ph.D. is on sale for half price for a limited time. This brief was written as a court brief defending parents’ rights for refusing mandatory vaccination, revealing that the medical community itself is confused about vaccination, that it is an unscientific and dangerous procedure. It’s perfect if you ever wanted to debate the subject with a pediatrician or health official. It’s got information they cannot refute. It is a masterpiece. Dr. Coulter charged $5,000 to research and write this 80-page brief (heavily documented). Normally $40.00, it’s only half price ($20.00) for this month (offer expires April 30, 2002).
Order Online at www.korenpublications.com
or Call 800-537-3001!"
I am not comfortable emailing you, I hope you will be checking back on this thread and the other threads you posted on this community. This is quite a brain trust.
I'm so sorry you are going through this but I certainly think the right attorney can make hay on your behalf....