Razor Tetnus UGH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-10-2010, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 3 year old was helping me in the bathroom blowdry my hair.He had got in the tub and before I could get he had the razor and cut his tummy.

My razor is not old old but I have had it for a month or two.It had my hair in it and some rust on it.

I hugged him after as he really needed a hug then we went and I washed it up and then put hydrogen prox and neosorn on it.

I am worried about that razor having bacteria on it as its in a slimmy shower.Its the bathroom I hardly use so less cleaning in there.

Lo has one Dtap shot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 02-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Its not rust that gives you tetanus. Its the soil thats associated with conditions that a rusty nail is found in. That little bit of rust on the razor probably did not have tetanus on it. It sound like you cleaned the wound out ok and that it got plenty of exposure to oxygen. I personally would not be worried about it.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#3 of 5 Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
I am worried about that razor having bacteria on it as its in a slimmy shower.Its the bathroom I hardly use so less cleaning in there.

Lo has one Dtap shot.
So sorry for your LO but you handled it really well. Things happen.

You are right, the razor does have bacteria on it and everything else that any surfact or anywhere you touch has on it. That is how it is. It is a wonder we all manage to live with the dirty environment we have around us. Must be that it's the way it is supposed to be.

ok. seriously now, I really would not worry about it one bit. Kids virtually don't get tetanus even under the worst circumstances. Their blood supply is just too quick and ready. They bleed quickly, they heal quickly.

We don't ever worry about tetanus. That is just no something we worry about. Do you worry about botulism? It is just as "dangerous". Any wound could be infected with it as well. Why don't we worry about that? Because there is no vaccine available so they never frightened us with that one.

If you are still worried, put some honey on the cut. That is the best antibiotic you could use.
#4 of 5 Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would not be worried about Tetanus under those circumstances at all!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 5 Old 02-11-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
I would not be worried about Tetanus under those circumstances at all!
me neither. the only thing I would be worried about would be the wound possibly getting infected, but you took care of that

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page