Experts concerned about vaccination backlash - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 03-29-2010, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
delete

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#32 of 35 Old 03-29-2010, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by no5no5 View Post
I've known plenty of seemingly reasonable people who've believed completely unreasonable things.
Indeed. Duly noted.

Quote:
There hasn't been discovery in Bruesewitz?
I'm sorry. My drivel is confusing you.... It's not you, it's me.

No, there hasn't been discovery. I meant that the vaccine industry is insulated from this very crucial procedure in Vaccine Court.
#33 of 35 Old 03-29-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_domhan View Post
I'm sorry. My drivel is confusing you.... It's not you, it's me.

No, there hasn't been discovery. I meant that the vaccine industry is insulated from this very crucial procedure in Vaccine Court.
Thank goodness, for once it's not me. Bruesewitz isn't in Vaccine Court, though. I guess that's why they did get discovery. Or, at least, the COA opinion says they got discovery so it'd be weird if that was wrong.

As for Vaccine Court, it's a no-fault system. There's usually no need for discovery if fault isn't at issue.
#34 of 35 Old 03-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Just posting some info re: the vaccine court and how it works (from Wikipedia):

"The VICP uses a no-fault system for resolving vaccine injury claims [...]If certain minimal requirements are met, legal expenses are compensated even for unsuccessful claims[...] To win an award, a claimant must show a causal connection; if medical records show a child has one of several listed adverse effects soon after vaccination, the assumption is that it was caused by the vaccine. The burden of proof is the civil-law preponderance-of-the-evidence standard, in other words a showing that causation was more likely than not. Denied claims can be pursued in civil courts, though this is rare."

"By 1999 the average claim took two years to resolve, and 42% of resolved claims were awarded compensation, as compared with 23% for medical malpractice claims through the tort system"
#35 of 35 Old 03-30-2010, 02:12 PM

The Eli Lily Free Ride bill had a name change and was attached to the Homeland Security Bill in 2002.

more here:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ighlight=frist

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page