Prevnar 13 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is a vasovagal response similar to Reflex Anoxic Seizures? In my research I keep coming back to this type of seizure which is due to sudden trauma, pain or fear. I think its an overstimulation of the vagal nerve. I am leaning more towards this rather than a problem with the vaccine. Still, it scares me to continue to vaccinate. How do you continue to vaccinate a toddler who has seizures from the pain or fear of injection? Someone told me they can sedate the baby, but im not open to that. I just am having a hard time figuring if the benefits out-weigh the risks in this type of situation. I have learned in the last couple days that Reflex Anoxic Seizures are very common durring injections or blooddraws. Even bumps on the head or extreme heat can cause them. Plus, it is related to GERD, which my son had for a long time after he was born. He would actually stop breathing when he would have a reflux episode. He also had bradycardia while he was in the NICU. Then he was diagnosed with Plagiocephaly and wore a helmet for 3 months. Looking at the big picture of everything that he has had since he was born, maybe it is all somehow connected. We are currently looking for a new pediatrician to get a fresh view on everything. I just feel in the dark. In my gut I feel like I need to keep digging to find a doctor who is on the same page as me. I know I sound crazy, but we have been through so much with him since he was born and I dont think the seizure is just a coincidence. Maybe if he hadnt had all these other issues I would believe that it was a coincidence, but I am worried it could be something more serious. At least the brain scan ruled out epilepsy, which is great news!!

#32 of 37 Old 07-13-2012, 02:30 PM

Some of this might be interesting or helpful:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7423/
http://www.aan.com/go/education/curricula/family/chapter7/section1

I think that if you're having this pervasive feeling that incidents over time point to something being wrong, it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor about whether a cardiac consult might be something to consider.
#33 of 37 Old 07-13-2012, 04:10 PM

I think that's a great idea. I think if anything it would put our minds at ease. Thanks for all that great information!!! smile.gif

#34 of 37 Old 07-13-2012, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyOfBoys03 View Post

How do you continue to vaccinate a toddler who has seizures from the pain or fear of injection? 

Well, we never got our boosters because extreme needle shyness, then dd2 got the shot I described.  So much for getting over it!  My girls were finished with their first round of shots.  So, my answer would be.... you don't have to continue.  Do your homework, weigh your options.  

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#35 of 37 Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 PM

Wow, your poor dd2! I am definitely going to do some research and weigh my options.

#36 of 37 Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM

from the package insert for Prevnar 13, they acknowledge SEIZURES as an effect:

Of the 17,066 children involved in the Prevnar safety trial, there were 24 hospitalisations, including 2 cases of pneumonia and 1 case of otitis media (the very things they are supposed to be immunising against) and 1 case of congestive heart failure. In addition to this there were also 162 visits to the emergency room department including 20 cases of seizure, 15 cases of otitis media, 6 cases of pneumonia and 1 case of sepsis. 
12 cases of SIDS death also occurred in subjects receiving Prevnar and 1 SIDS like death in a child over 1 year old. This included 1 death within 1 week of vaccination, 2 deaths 2 weeks after vaccination, 2 deaths one month after vaccination and 4 deaths in the year following vaccination. (4). 
There have also been 217 DEATHS reported to Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System in the US since 2000. 
E.G. VAERS case number 167703 states: ‘Information has been received from an investigator regarding a 3 month old female who received her first dose of Prevnar as part of a post-marketing safety surveillance trial. At 39 days, post vax, the infant died due to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.’ (5). 

CONTRAINDICATIONS (people who should not receive the vaccine) 

Hypersensitivity to any part of the vaccine 
Illness with fever 
Seizure disorder 
Latex allergy (since the vaccine is packaged in latex) 
Thrombocytopenia or any coagulation disorder 
Adults – especially pregnant and lactating women 

Prevnar has not been evaluated for any carcinogenic or mutagenic potential, or impairment of fertility (i.e. they don’t know if it causes cancer, mutates into other illnesses or impairs people’s ability to have children). (4). 

SOURCES: 
4. Wyeth Lederle Vaccine Manufacturer’s Data Sheet for Prevnar vaccine – Lederle Laboratories. 

http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Prevnar-Vaccination

#37 of 37 Old 03-24-2014, 06:52 AM

This took place in December 2011, Verona, Italy:

My baby was three years old she had Prevnar three time previously with no reaction.

The fourth vaccination (using Prevnar 13) resulted in the following:

At the clinic, She had the injection in her leg similar to TiffannyW.  Her leg immediately started to hurt . "Two" minutes later while in the waiting area she started to get "SWOLLEN" and "Dark Red"  all over her body.  Her tongue was swollen and she was not able to breath.   She became extremely itchy.  She scratched herself so hard they noted in the hospital report she had scratches on her stomach.

The nurse who gave the injection at the clinic said this "Never" happened before. Luckily they "just happened to have"  a shot of cortisone.  Then they called an ambulance.

In the ambulance she was doing better colorwise but was very lethargic and I spoke to her to keep her awake.  

At the hospital they called everybody to her aid  they gave her an IV of Saline.

We arrived 1134am and left  8pm .  

Doctors at the hospital commented "it may have been an allergic reaction to Aluminum because Prevnar previously did not contain aluminum"

This took place in VERONA ITALY.

Thank you for the confirmation of some concerns. 

WE ARE PASSING ON THIS INFORMATION

Note:

Today we heard that some other Vaccines administered here may be the cause of Autism among a particular group of 12,000 recipients.( Still under investigation)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page