please help! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-29-2010, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I asked this in the feb. H1N1 thread, w/o realizing how old it was. Can someone please tell me how an adult can get diagnosed as 'vaccine injured' ? I have a good friend who has suddenly gotten close to paralyzed after he received the H1N1 vax, & has since lost his job and needs help badly. If anyone knows any groups / individuals/ orgs who help with this sort of thing please let me know. Thanks all.

Elizabeth, mama to 4 kids and 5 chickens.
The grateful recipient of 3 home water births, 1 being an accidental UC.:
#2 of 11 Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
As far as I know, there is little legal recourse for H1N1 vaccine injuries. They made some kind of act that protects the pharmaceutical companies from responsibilty.

I would tell him to go to his doctor. Make the doctor report it to VAERS. Maybe contact and injury lawyer and see what they say.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#3 of 11 Old 04-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I found this

http://www.hrsa.gov/Vaccinecompensation/
and this
http://www.hrsa.gov/countermeasurescomp/

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#4 of 11 Old 04-30-2010, 12:22 AM

I Hope he reports it to vaers (anyone can not just dr)

I THINK that with the h1n1 being a new experimental vax, there is no compensation the way there is for other vaccines. (and even those are very hard to get)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
#5 of 11 Old 04-30-2010, 11:17 AM

there literally is NO recourse for H1N1 injuries, through the government or pharma. Your friend can still demonstrate disability and go from there. some would argue that even with the vaxes that are covered by compensation programs - there is no real recourse anyway. too difficult to win.
#6 of 11 Old 04-30-2010, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your help.
13sandals, (especially) that was not what I wanted to hear. Thanks Lydiah for the links, I will pass those along. This really feels crazy to me. I can't believe there is no recourse.
This guy is a great dad who just went through an awful divorce and then this. He can't work now. He has lost everything and has no money for doctors or tests or therapy. I am very concerned about his state of mind. He has horrible tremors and cannot work, and of course was denied disability in the first round. I know he can pull through this, but man, what a stacked deck.

#7 of 11 Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 PM

What a sad situation, I hope he can get some help soon. It should be criminal for vaccines to be pushed so heavily with no recourse. I would definitely contact an injury lawyer just to be sure that nothing can be done.
#8 of 11 Old 05-01-2010, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Well I guess he has contacted an injury lawyer (against his better judgment he says) and the lawyer said they are not taking H1N1 clients at this time. Obviously because there is no money in it (at this time). What a crock of s**t.

I was wrong he hasn't been denied the disability yet, but he has started the process and doesn't feel very confident w/o a lawyer and few doctors records. He is in a different state than I am, so I have no idea how the social services works there, but here I think he can't get any help because he owns his house. Not for long, but he does as of now.

What an awful spur of the moment decision to take that shot. I have 4 unvaxed children, and this convinces me the vax producers are higher than the courts. This reaffirms my decisions 100%.

#9 of 11 Old 05-01-2010, 02:33 AM

So sorry to hear about your friend!

I sure hope this is just a temporary situation for him and that he recovers fully!

All natural sahm to dd1(12yo) and dd2(6yo). Married 16 years.

Time for the Master Tonic! thumb.gif

#10 of 11 Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM

VAERS and contact the National Vaccine Information Center. The latter is a vaccine watchdog group and was incredible at contacting us and helping us find resources to help our son.

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#11 of 11 Old 05-02-2010, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page