My son may have been vaxxed :yikes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son is 3.5 years old. I was planning a natural, unmediated, vaginal birth center birth and ended up in transport to the hospital and had to have an unplanned c-section. This was 3.5 years ago.

I was going through some files and came across and itemized bill we requested from the hospital and it shows a hep B charge for the IM injection. OMG... I had no idea!!! I am fairly sure, in my fuzzy brain from the anesthesia and pain meds and not sleeping for more than 24 hours, I signed a form for them not to vaccinate. I can't remember for sure though. He did get a vitamin K shot, which I submitted too. I wonder if they could have just charged me for it even though he didn't get it. It makes me sad that he may not truly be vaccine free. Am I able to get his records from the hospital and would the records indicate if they actually gave him the most unnecessary vaccine of all? What can I do about this 3.5 years later.

BTW, my son had colic by day 2 of his life. I guess I will never know if it was the c section and all the anesthesia and pain meds or the possible vaccine.

Also, I know they charge certain things for each newborn, because they have a standard of care for every baby. I hope it is just a billing mistake? Is it too late to find out?

Also, FWIW, I was charged for the eye ointment, but he obviously didn't get that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 01:09 AM

It IS possible that they charged you for it without doing it. When I went through my bill after delivering my twins, I saw that I had been charged for an epidural that I didn't have. I hope that is the case for you too!

Gayle, mom to Reagan and Ryan, 09/15/03, Cade, 12/08/05 and sweet Josiah, 05/23/10-07/16/10
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
happens all the time--billing without providing the service

someone did a study once and found that hospitals make a lot of errors in billing, but the errors tend to be in their favor.

Isn't that odd?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

That's what I am thinking it is. I don't know whether I should hassle to get his medical records or not. Would it be worth knowing for sure? It is probably a billing error!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Seeing as how you can't take the vaccine back if he did get it, the only reason to get the medical records would be to challenge the bill.

Hopefully he didn't get it, and if he did hopefully he'll be fine. For the long run.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:35 AM

I know a couple that got hospital bill, and were charged for a circusion on their DAUGHTER! Umm yeah they screwed up. I'd request medical records and challenge the bills.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 AM

I think it is important to know. You can get his blood tested to see if he has any antibodies to hepatitis B.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:32 AM

I would think it is important because if you signed a no vaccine form and they did it anyway, that sounds against the law to me. Not to be litigious, but to make sure they didn't let that happen to anyone else. I do not know how you could find out though, sorry. I know you can request your medical records from a dr, can you request them from a hospital? having titers checked I have heard is a way to know too, but that wouldn't prove they had done something against your will. I had it in my birth plan that I filed in advance (for dd2, for dd1 I was clueless and followed blindly)

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif

User Tag List