Where to begin? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-30-2010, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ive done some research and just from what ive done im pretty sure were not vaxing.

I have NO idea where to start. Ive skimmed the Dr. Sears book but need to sit down and read it all.

i think what concerns me is how do i protect him since im not BF'ing. I wanted to BF and DS (9 weeks) got my milk for about a month. He was in the NICU for 2 weeks in which i pumped. When he was discharged I tried to get him to latch and he wouldnt. I went to LC's, took fenugreek, drank the tea, drank TONS of water, ate oatmeal and my supply slowly started going down to the point where i was getting nothing. I was very upset by it because i really wanted to BF even if it was just pumping. He already went through SO much in his first 2 weeks so i felt like a failure because i couldnt provide the best for him. there was A LOT of stress to because DH was in Afghanistan during the first 4 days. He was sent home on emergency leave and went back after 2 weeks.

Since hes deployed its just me so I have to take him out so hes obivously exposed to germs. I wipe cart handles and wash my hands but how do i protect him?

My mom gave me some probiotics for him since he was pumped with many drugs and sedated.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Im really stressing out over this. I WANT to do my research so i feel informed and educated but i have no idea what stuff i read online is legitimate.

DH has agreed to not vaxing and hes simply okay with it because he knows whats in them and HAS to get them because hes in the military and he says theres NO way we should be puting those chemicals and monkey tissue (?) into our 2 month old who has already had SO many drugs in his little system. Obivously im okay with all those drugs he was given because he had to get better.
#2 of 9 Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 AM

It sounds like you've already made up your mind. Are you asking for information that supports your current opinion, or just any information? I'm sorry your son has had such a rough beginning. It sounds like you tried everything you could to give him breastmilk. I'm sorry you feel like a failure. Just from what you've said here you sound like a loving, interested mama who would do anything for the benefit of her baby. He's lucky to have you!
#3 of 9 Old 06-30-2010, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you!

I guess im just looking for any information and since Im not BFing are there other ways to protect him and keep him healthier like if he was getting BM?

I dont even know if that makes sense. I should probably go to sleep.
#4 of 9 Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 AM

I haven't vaccinated DS so far. But I was able to breastfeed, without that, the only think I might do would be HiB. But then again, me and my sisters were bottlefed as were many, many of my peers and there was no HiB vaccine back then anyways.
Is there any way that you can obtain donated breastmilk in your area? That would be wonderful. Even if you just get a couple ounces every other day, it would really help.
What kind of formula you choose is important too. If I had to rely on it, and I researched that beforehand, i has to be an organic product that doesn't use bad ingredients as many commercial formulas do. I'm sorry I cannot find the link anymore, but I know that earth best organic baby formula doesn't use the artificial DHA/ARA or at least no hexane (byproduct) is detectable, while Similac Organic has tons of that bad stuff.
#5 of 9 Old 06-30-2010, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
My mother raised 5 healthy children without any vaccinations. She had trouble with breastfeeding the first three and then managed okay with the last two: eleven months and seven months (this was prolonged nursing for the 1950s). We are all still alive in our 50s and 60s and fairly healthy.

I'm sorry you had such a hard time trying to nurse. That is a lot that the two of you went through.

I'd do the best formula you can find, give the baby lots of love and attention and not worry.
#6 of 9 Old 06-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Some things to try:
(1) contact a local La Leche League leader. She might know a nursing mothering who can donate pumped breastmilk for you. Any breast milk will be a huge benefit to your LO.
(2) if you can't get any donated breast milk and are willing, I'd seriously consider making your own forumla. It would really help avoid the chemicals and other unforuntate ingredients that can harm (or at least not help) your LO and his developing immune system.
(3) see if there's someon close to you in the FInd your Tribe area as well. She could certainly lend you some support and maybe even some breastmilk. I know if you were close to me, i'd happily offer to pump or help any in way I could.

Wife to Chris 12/27/07. DS1 Earth Day 2009 (4/22). DS2 March 6th, 2012. nocirc.gif saynovax.gif winner.jpg femalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif  vbac.gif

#7 of 9 Old 06-30-2010, 11:20 PM

Please continue BF discussion in the appropriate forum so we can remain on-topic regarding vaccines. Thanks!
#8 of 9 Old 07-01-2010, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

I actually tried the Earths Best Organic formula and it made him completley miserable. There was another we tried which was organic (totally forget the name now) and it made him miserable as well. Hes not on goodstart gentle plus which he takes really well. I think its the best gentle one out there because it doesnt have corn syrup solids listed as the first ingredient.
#9 of 9 Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 PM

You could watch the Tenpenny video first as that can be done easily with a babe as long he is not vocalizing.

Here are some questions to answer for yourself in deciding about vax.

1. Name of the disease
2. Description of the disease
3. Length of time from initial infection to end of all symptoms
4. Infectious period
5. Normal symptoms of the disease
6. Known serious consequences of the disease
7. Proportion of persons infected developing serious consequences
8. Transmission route of the disease
9. Prevalence of the disease
10. Treatments of the disease and efficacy of those treatments
11. Relevant research about the disease
12. Name of the vaccine
13. Company that makes the vaccine
14. Contents of the vaccine
14A. The significance of whether or not the vaccine is live
15. History of development of the vaccine
16. Known side-effects of the vaccine and rate of incidence of those side-effects
17. Possible side-effects not yet acknowledged by the vaccine maker
18. Relevant research into the vaccine
19. How effective is the vaccine at preventing the disease?
20.What is the vaccine meant to do? (Many vaccines are not meant to prevent infection or transmission).
21.Number of cases reported each year.
22.Number of deaths reported each year from the vaccine and natural disease.

Here are some sources to help you out:

Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices 1/18DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwr_wk.html (download the current issue)
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...k-chapters.htm
http://vaers.hhs.gov/pdf/PackageInserts.pdf
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...40451107552&q=
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...87981735&hl=en
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pin...ses&deaths.pdf

Health Sentinel Graphs

WHO GRAPH

Vaccine Injury Table

Beyond Conformity Resources Page
Do you have a quick-fire summary?

Inside Vaccines

Mothering: Ending the War on Disease
http://www.mothering.com/health/heal...m-just-growing

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page