Sharing anti-vax information - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-01-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a lot of friends who choose to vaccinate their kids following the CDC's schedule blindly- doing no research of their own about the risks, alternatives, etc. I also have family members who do not understand our decision to not vaccinate (despite efforts to explain). If you could only pass on one website link to get them to at least think about looking into this issue further, what would it be?

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#2 of 6 Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 PM

I don't have it handy...but def the Tenpenny (is that right?) link where she gives that lecture on vaxes and VPDs. DH and I watched all 3 hours when I was pregnant with DS and it convinced us.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#3 of 6 Old 07-01-2010, 06:03 PM

Yeah, if I had only one option, it would be something from Tenpenny. She's easy to understand and very to the point.

Honestly, I just don't talk about it with friends/family. It's such an unpopular choice and I don't feel like entering that huge debate (and most of the people I know who are SO pro-vax have no idea what they are talking about) . People have really harsh, insulting opinions about those of us who choose not to vaccinate and it's just not a battle I'm willing to fight, kwim? I know I'm making the right decision for my child and that's all that matters.

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

#4 of 6 Old 07-02-2010, 05:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELx2eX_kM-w

It is of course you tube and not the most trusted source but it does at least show a different side in a simple easy video for some people and family members.

Kirsie Mommy to Dylan
#5 of 6 Old 07-02-2010, 05:06 PM

For me, it's easy to say that because I have three friends with vaccine-injured children, and had an auto-immune problem when I was a teen that was linked to vaccines, it is more likely that my child would have a reaction, and they usually don't question the decision after that. Anyone interested in hearing the other side will continue to ask questions and then I go further into it, but it isn't a subject I bring up on my own.
#6 of 6 Old 07-02-2010, 05:15 PM

Oh and for me as far as dealing with family.. I have just simply said here is a book (Dr.Sears Vax book) read it. Then we can discuss it. Until then my life.

Kirsie Mommy to Dylan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page