husband vaccinated my 20 mo old - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-21-2010, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmum35 View Post
Wait a second. Does this mean that even if 2 parents AGREE on non vaccinating, and the child happens to stay over at grandmas (pro-vax grandma), she has the right to take them in to play catch up and they would not even blink an eye?

(what a scary thought.. Im hoping this is only true in Texas and no other states. How bizarre)
Well what it says is that any of those people can give consent but they:

Quote:
may not consent for the child if the person has actual knowledge that a parent, managing conservator, guardian of the child, or other person who under the law of another state or a court order may consent for the child:

(1) has expressly refused to give consent to the immunization;

(2) has been told not to consent for the child; or

(3) has withdrawn a prior written authorization for the person to consent.
Of course it doesn't really require the healthcare facility to pursue verification of that & it relies on the person giving consent to provide factual information to the provider. The burden of providing the healthcare facility with factual information falls on the person giving consent, not the healthcare facility.

Of course, if a parent had previously notified the provider that they refused vaccines & that nobody else should be permitted to consent for their child then that's a different story because the provider would be aware that the parent refused consent. I'm not sure though how it would all play out in a situation where one parent expressed refusal & the other parent consented.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
I'm not sure though how it would all play out in a situation where one parent expressed refusal & the other parent consented.
I can say that in CT in the hospital - every.single.time. I refused some thing or other that they wanted to do to my DD, they immediately went to my DH to try to get his consent - once or twice, they did it right in front of me. Generally, they did it while he was on watch in the NICU though. They even tried my MIL once during her watch in the NICU

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
Old 07-22-2010, 03:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I actually did respond to your post and some of what I said goes against posting rules. SO, I just wanted to come back and just say that I support you, I am so sorry he did this, ((((hugs))))
Old 07-22-2010, 03:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac View Post
Well what it says is that any of those people can give consent but they:

Of course it doesn't really require the healthcare facility to pursue verification of that & it relies on the person giving consent to provide factual information to the provider. The burden of providing the healthcare facility with factual information falls on the person giving consent, not the healthcare facility.

Of course, if a parent had previously notified the provider that they refused vaccines & that nobody else should be permitted to consent for their child then that's a different story because the provider would be aware that the parent refused consent. I'm not sure though how it would all play out in a situation where one parent expressed refusal & the other parent consented.
This is true. MIL did whatever she pleased with niece because she lied to everyone and told them she had custody. They did not ask to see a court order. They just believed her.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:36 AM

Old 07-26-2010, 06:27 PM

What if you divorced, but then his scumbag atty (cause he/she would be) in the custody hearings successfully made the case that you were an unfit parent/child endangerment etc over the vaccine issue? How many stories have we heard about doctors/nurses threatening to call CPS on non-vaxing parents and get their kids taken away? It wouldn't be that hard of a case to make and its just a matter of if the judge buys it or not...

You're better able to look after your kids in the marriage than out of it, and potentially out of their lives altogether!

I agree with the PP who suggested faking a change of heart on the issue, and lying to DH and saying he was fully vaxed in the future. Turnabout's fairplay. See how he likes it.

This is the marriage you are in. This is the guy you picked. If you want to protect your kids, I don't see a lot of better options. It only took ONE DAY for DH to do this. What if he had 50%-100% of their time without you? What damage could he do in his well-meaning ignorance?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:31 PM

Oh mama, I am so sorry you have had that happen. Big hugs and love to you and your beautiful bb. If my husband had done that, divorce would be the first thing I would do and after that, several horrible tortures come to mind.

That kind of betrayal is HORRIBLE. And if he can go behind your back and then not even tell you after the fact, then he can do it again. When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.

I think Chlorella tablets have been shown to help leach heavy metals out of bb's system. Please check with the others, but I think it works.

(((HUGS)))
Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 PM

"I agree with the PP who suggested faking a change of heart on the issue, and lying to DH and saying he was fully vaxed in the future. Turnabout's fairplay. See how he likes it."

This is the marriage you are in. This is the guy you picked. If you want to protect your kids, I don't see a lot of better options. It only took ONE DAY for DH to do this. What if he had 50%-100% of their time without you? What damage could he do in his well-meaning ignorance?[/QUOTE]

AGREED. Fake agreement, and plan your exit appropriately.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:20 PM

I have removed several posts from this thread which were not consistent with the UA or forum guidelines or which were responding to such posts. Since this discussion continues to veer off topic, away from vax issues and toward PasP issues, I am closing it to further discussion. Feel free to PM any questions or concerns.

User Tag List