Why has no unvaxed vs. Fully vaxed study been done??? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 44 Old 07-20-2010, 11:10 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oppps

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#32 of 44 Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergirl67 View Post
You can put whatever motives behind it you want, but profit is profit. I believe that many, if not most, in the anti-vax organizations are trying to help children. I believe the same for doctors and scientists. I also believe it's naive to categorize a group of people as good or bad. So it's relevant that anti-vax orgs make money off of their treatments, but that doesn't mean that they're not trying to help children. The exact same thing can be said of pharmaceutical companies.

It's my understanding that those orgs, like Generation Rescue, don't treat exclusively vax damaged people. And many people with autism, or autistic children, don't believe that vaccinations caused the autism, so they wouldn't be interested in treatments that "heal" them of vaccines. And many people don't believe that the treatments they suggest (chelation, DAN diet, etc) will help at all because they trust the science that's said that. However, if that same science was proved to be wrong about vaccines then that would make some more trusting of the people who have been claiming that all along. Along with the treatments that they were previously skeptical of. Alternative medicine is already a $34 billion a year industry, but it could be a lot more if people lose confidence in the scientific community.
Could you provide a link to this? Thanks

U.S. herbal and botanical supplement sales totaled $4.8 billion in 2007 up 4.3 percent over the total for 2006, I know this info is 3 yrs old but it's only 2010. so you are saying this industry grew 14.6% each year in the last 3 years. That would be something. The average growth of both industries seems to be about 4-6% a year based on what I have remembered reading in the past.
Even assuming this is correct $4 billion vs $825 billion
Quote:
IMS Health (NYSE: RX) reported today that the value of the global pharmaceutical market in 2010 is expected to grow 4 - 6 percent on a constant-dollar basis, exceeding $825 billion. Global pharmaceutical market value is expected to expand to $975+ billion by 2013.
http://www.imshealth.com/portal/site...extfmt=default

The alternative medicine field is growing...about this you are correct. It has been gaining momentum for years. This has little to do with vaccines. Many people who fully vaccinate their children choose alternative medicine. This field is growing because people are wising up and turning to alternative methods when allopathic medicine has failed them miserabely and made them sicker than they were when they started. It will continue to grow despite the CDC and the FDA's efforts to destroy it.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#33 of 44 Old 07-20-2010, 12:03 PM
 
xmasbaby7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 1,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergirl67 View Post
Thank you for the link that shows the finances of charities! But it seems that you have to have a membership to check. I've tried searching some, but I'm not able to find anywhere else that provides the financial records of non-profits...
http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocument...058573cc-9.pdf

Try this one.

I was impressed to see that Jenny McCarthy and Jb Handerly actually receive no compensation from Generation Rescue.

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
xmasbaby7 is offline  
#34 of 44 Old 07-20-2010, 05:58 PM
 
heathergirl67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Could you provide a link to this? Thanks

U.S. herbal and botanical supplement sales totaled $4.8 billion in 2007 up 4.3 percent over the total for 2006, I know this info is 3 yrs old but it's only 2010. so you are saying this industry grew 14.6% each year in the last 3 years. That would be something. The average growth of both industries seems to be about 4-6% a year based on what I have remembered reading in the past.
Even assuming this is correct $4 billion vs $825 billion

http://www.imshealth.com/portal/site...extfmt=default

The alternative medicine field is growing...about this you are correct. It has been gaining momentum for years. This has little to do with vaccines. Many people who fully vaccinate their children choose alternative medicine. This field is growing because people are wising up and turning to alternative methods when allopathic medicine has failed them miserabely and made them sicker than they were when they started. It will continue to grow despite the CDC and the FDA's efforts to destroy it.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellnes...8215703&page=1

I agree, alternative medicine is not just for those who reject vaccines. I'd even go so far as to say that the majority of totally mainstream people have used alternative medicines. I'm just saying that if a study of vaxxed vs. unvaxxed showed that vaxed kids were worse off, there'd probably be a lot more people interested in alternative medicine who weren't previously.
heathergirl67 is offline  
#35 of 44 Old 07-21-2010, 12:50 AM
 
caned & able's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bridgeport, ME
Posts: 999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergirl67 View Post
so you don't believe that vaccines provide a reduction in the illnesses they target?
Interesting that you only quote a small part of my post....

Because vaccines have NEVER been subjected to the gold standard of proof, the double blind, long term scientific study and trial, therefore, vaccines are unproven and that is the definition of quackery.

Which means that if one believes that vaccines work as a disease preventative without the scientific proof, then that person is engaged in a religious belief, a belief based on faith only. ~Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn, MD, 1978.
caned & able is offline  
#36 of 44 Old 07-21-2010, 10:15 AM
 
xmasbaby7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 1,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caned & able View Post
Interesting that you only quote a small part of my post....

Because vaccines have NEVER been subjected to the gold standard of proof, the double blind, long term scientific study and trial, therefore, vaccines are unproven and that is the definition of quackery.

Which means that if one believes that vaccines work as a disease preventative without the scientific proof, then that person is engaged in a religious belief, a belief based on faith only. ~Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn, MD, 1978.


Don't you just love, love, love him?

::: Just another WAHM using this forum to put off picking up toys and cleaning my house.
xmasbaby7 is offline  
#37 of 44 Old 07-21-2010, 10:23 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergirl67 View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Wellnes...8215703&page=1

I agree, alternative medicine is not just for those who reject vaccines. I'd even go so far as to say that the majority of totally mainstream people have used alternative medicines. I'm just saying that if a study of vaxxed vs. unvaxxed showed that vaxed kids were worse off, there'd probably be a lot more people interested in alternative medicine who weren't previously.
Perhaps, but only slightly and only as a trickle down effect when people woke up to the fact that the government had lied to them for decades and forced them to harm their children and abandoned what little faith they have had in our public health program. HOWEVER....people still love their docs and their drugs. They would still run off and pop their pills and continue to see their docs demanding antibiotics for every sniffle. What they wouldn't stand for is the government mandating any medical treatment (including vaccines) for their families. People don't like to be told what to do, this doesn't mean that given free will and the chance they won't continue to make the same choices. JMHO

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#38 of 44 Old 07-21-2010, 02:05 PM
 
heathergirl67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caned & able View Post
Interesting that you only quote a small part of my post....

Because vaccines have NEVER been subjected to the gold standard of proof, the double blind, long term scientific study and trial, therefore, vaccines are unproven and that is the definition of quackery.

Which means that if one believes that vaccines work as a disease preventative without the scientific proof, then that person is engaged in a religious belief, a belief based on faith only. ~Dr. Robert S. Mendelsohn, MD, 1978.
I only quoted a small part of your post because my question was directed toward you, not Dr. Mendelsohn. I was curious as to whether you believe that vaccines provide a reduction in the illnesses they target? I'm pretty sure I know how Dr. Mendelson feels about them. And, of course, if you want to tell me that it's none of my beeswax, I wouldn't be offended.
heathergirl67 is offline  
#39 of 44 Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 PM
 
heathergirl67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
....people still love their docs and their drugs. They would still run off and pop their pills and continue to see their docs demanding antibiotics for every sniffle. What they wouldn't stand for is the government mandating any medical treatment (including vaccines) for their families. People don't like to be told what to do, this doesn't mean that given free will and the chance they won't continue to make the same choices. JMHO
Haha. I agree, there are a lot of those kinds of people, too!
heathergirl67 is offline  
#40 of 44 Old 07-22-2010, 12:07 AM
 
caned & able's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bridgeport, ME
Posts: 999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergirl67 View Post
I only quoted a small part of your post because my question was directed toward you, not Dr. Mendelsohn. I was curious as to whether you believe that vaccines provide a reduction in the illnesses they target? I'm pretty sure I know how Dr. Mendelson feels about them. And, of course, if you want to tell me that it's none of my beeswax, I wouldn't be offended.
You don't know anything about the paediatrician, Dr. Mendelsohn or you would not have said that you know how he feels about vaccinations.

He has been dead for 22 years.

I have made my knowledge and experience quite clear about vaccines.

I quoted him because I agree with his statement. He is clear and I could not say it any better than he has.
caned & able is offline  
#41 of 44 Old 07-22-2010, 12:20 AM
 
ma2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caned & able View Post
He has been dead for 22 years.
I remember getting teary eyed when I found out he was dead, even though he died so long ago. Dr. Mendelsohn really was an exceptional man. He would be 84 this year.
ma2two is offline  
#42 of 44 Old 07-22-2010, 12:24 AM
 
caned & able's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bridgeport, ME
Posts: 999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, my mother and my great aunt met him many times, and brought me along as a toddler.

He has an eviable curriculum vitae yet he is featured on quackwatch because of the anti-medical stances he took late in his career.
caned & able is offline  
#43 of 44 Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 AM
 
ma2two's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caned & able View Post
He has an eviable curriculum vitae yet he is featured on quackwatch because of the anti-medical stances he took late in his career.
He's on Quackwatch? Well, then, I guess I can't really trust him after all!
ma2two is offline  
#44 of 44 Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post
He's on Quackwatch? Well, then, I guess I can't really trust him after all!
Here is a list of things that are "quackary" on quackwatch

Chiropractic
Acupuncture
Chinese medicine
homeopapthy
Reiki
Qigong
Naturopathy
herbs
having chemical sensitivities
macrobiotics
massage therapy
osteopathy
reflexology
organic food
metabolic therapy
juicing
opposition to immunization
Quote:
Worrying about too many vaccines is like worrying about a thimble of water getting you wet when you are swimming in an ocean.
colloidal minerals
candidiasis
aromatherapy

I mean the list goes on and on and on and on .................
ANYTHING that is not mainsteam allopathic medicine is listed on this site as quackery.

oh yeah...he also lists Oprah Winfrey on his site!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off