Catholic school and exemption in PA??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-10-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone direct me to the right source to find out if it is possible to use a religious exemption for the catholic schools in Philadelphia, PA? I can only seem to find information about public schools online and my daughter will be attending catholic school in a few years and she is not, and will not, be vaccinated. I want to be ahead of the game with any issues!
Thanks!
#2 of 7 Old 08-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Search for "catholic" in the not vaxing group.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#3 of 7 Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Are you Catholic?

if not-it's easy---there are other threads about this- I would post in the tribe section and do the search there, there has been posts in the past about this

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#4 of 7 Old 08-13-2010, 08:52 AM

I attended Catholic school in Pa inthe Phila area £8not the city btu a close suburb). I was never vaxed. i am not up to date but its my understanding Pa has a personal belief exemption.

Mamma to dd1 3/8/07, one 9.5.08, and dd2 9/9/09
#5 of 7 Old 08-13-2010, 11:16 AM

Letter From Rome in Defense of Parental Rights on Vaccines

http://www.cogforlife.org/barreiro.htm

Some exerpts:
Quote:
...expelled from a Catholic educational institution for reasons of non-conformity to a diocesan policy of denying State-allowed religious exemptions... This is a violation of the Catholic Church’s centuries-old teaching on the supremacy of the Moral Conscience and the right of parents to preside over the total wellbeing of their children.

Pending a final judgment on this issue the parental right of conscience is to be considered the binding authority in this matter and the child should not be penalized for non-conformity to a policy which is not defined as Church doctrine or practice.93w

I don't think a "final judgment" has been issued yet.

Pennsylvania State Vaccine Requirements – National Vaccine ...

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#6 of 7 Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
my understanding Pa has a personal belief exemption
NO we don't

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#7 of 7 Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 PM

If they accept federal funding, they have to accept your exemption (provided your state accepts religious exemptions). My kids go to Catholic school and they do accept the waivers.

I also read somewhere that if you are Catholic, you can interpret certain passages in your own personal way to imply that vaccines are against Catholic values / beliefs. I'm not Catholic, so I can just sign the exemption and they can't really ask any questions.

Shannon, AP mom to:
dd1, 8
ds1, 6
dd2, 3

ds2, 1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page