A Mom's Experience - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://mothering.com/health/childs-s...ne-alters-life

I am always a little behind the boat on these things. But I just read this mom's story and it broke my heart.

I cannot even concieve what it would be like to raise a special needs child.

How sad that this child had no chance after his 4mo shots. 4months. His life was stolen away from him. ugh.

Since no one else I know is anti-vax, I have to talk about this one here. Thanks for listening.

Mama to & +:::
#2 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 PM

I would post this to my FB but I don't feel like dealing with all of my pro-vax friends jumping down my throat.
#3 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 06:30 PM

Oh my god. That has me in tears.
#4 of 10 Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 PM

I can barely see the computer screen after reading that story. I just can't stop crying.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#5 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 AM

Very, very sad. As I've said before...the Autism concern was what got me researching vaccines, but after months and months of research, it became the least of my concerns. These kinds of things are what I'm most concerned about. Severe, unalterable, untreatable life changes that can happen...and there is no way to know how your child will react to any of the vaccines. Just not something I'm willing to chance with my own kids (since I have 2 cousins who will, most likely, never live alone and were fully vaxed).

My heart goes out to the author and her family.
#6 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Heartbreaking. I cannot even begin to imagine.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#7 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 11:56 AM

This is nothing new.

A similar incident happened in 1961 in Wisconsin.

The mother has written a book about her struggle with her son entitled, appropriately, A Stolen Life, by Marge Grant. She told her story on national television in the early 1980s. Her son is still alive, and she still cares for him daily.

A doctor at the Mayo Clinic told her it was caused by the pertussis portion of the Quadrigen vaccine he was given. No other doctor substantiated this statement. The vaccine was removed from the market soon after.
#8 of 10 Old 08-24-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela512 View Post
Very, very sad. As I've said before...the Autism concern was what got me researching vaccines, but after months and months of research, it became the least of my concerns.
It is ironic that the pro-vax crowd will laugh off the autism-vaccines link as if it is somehow preposterous - yet here is just one example of a child who was diagnosed with autism and the government conceded his vaccine injury. Call it autism, call it brain damage. The results are just the same - a life forever altered.

But I guess we are supposed to be happy that this child never got whooping cough?

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#9 of 10 Old 08-25-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caned & able View Post
This is nothing new.

A similar incident happened in 1961 in Wisconsin.

The mother has written a book about her struggle with her son entitled, appropriately, A Stolen Life, by Marge Grant. She told her story on national television in the early 1980s. Her son is still alive, and she still cares for him daily.

A doctor at the Mayo Clinic told her it was caused by the pertussis portion of the Quadrigen vaccine he was given. No other doctor substantiated this statement. The vaccine was removed from the market soon after.
My mom saw this when we were little and was just terrified. Her oldest (born in '74) was fine but my brother had the "DTP scream" and she insisted on a partial dose for me. I had some kind of reaction too (not as bad) so she doesn't think we ever finished the series for either of us, and she said the pediatrician absolutely agreed with her (both that the reaction was caused by the vaccine and that we shouldn't continue).

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
#10 of 10 Old 08-26-2010, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishyfishie View Post
My mom saw this when we were little and was just terrified. Her oldest (born in '74) was fine but my brother had the "DTP scream" and she insisted on a partial dose for me. I had some kind of reaction too (not as bad) so she doesn't think we ever finished the series for either of us, and she said the pediatrician absolutely agreed with her (both that the reaction was caused by the vaccine and that we shouldn't continue).

I feel like doctors today are more brainwashed than they were when we were kids. They blow-off reactions as normal, because they are taught to by their big pharma influenced curriculum.

I wish the 'old school' docters would take a stand and say something.... like dr. mendelson did.

Mama to & +:::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page