The state is FL and I know we have no provision for selective vax, we have no philosophical exemption. Our religious exemption is essentially philosophical in the sense that religion is defined as "deeply held personal belief". However, you still must deeply hold the personal belief that the practice of vaccination is wrong. Meaning once you do one, you are not entitled to use the religious exemption again.
Like I said, I am torn bc I have yet to meet the new registrar and for all I know she is pro-vax choice and gave my friend the advice on the DL just to try to help her out. Maybe she meant well but didn't realize her advice was unlawful. Or maybe she is super pro-vax and will say anything to get someone to vax. I don't want to put my friend in a bad spot bc if it comes down to her losing her right to use the exemption and she is forced to either vax all her kids or HS, and her already-damaged child sustains further damage, it will be my fault for opening my big fat mouth.
OTOH, I have tried to explain to my friend that she CAN NOT rescind her current exemption to vax and then go get another exemption afterward, but she is choosing to believe the registrar instead of me, her BFF, who is actually the person who told her exemptions existed, explained the definition of "religious exemption", and walked her through the process of obtaining and filing the exemption. So if she decides to try to get away with it, she still may get caught. Our state does yearly audits, so by next year she will have to vax her damaged child anyway.
This is more an ethics issue than a vax issue, I think. Just in typing this, I have decided to quietly alert the principal that his new employee is dispensing incorrect information. I've got some info on my computer that I will print for him to back up what I tell him.
I just hate that the result is that my friend will have to choose between either fully vaxing all her kids or not giving one child a vaccine she has decided she wants to give. But I also hate that she is doing tetanus out of fear without knowing how little risk her dc is really in for various reasons. I will see the principal on Tuesday and I'll come back with an update then.