This is probably my first thread... process of moving from CA to HI (NAVY) and do not vaccinate DS - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Okay, I knew I had an account here, but I don't think I've ever posted before... ? headscratch.gifinnocent.gif

Anyways... real quick...

I know Hawaii has a religious exemption against vaccinations, and that's what I'd claim being here in CA. I have the letters written out and everything. Just wondering though, do they check or even ask about your vaccination or your child's vaccination status before getting you your plane tickets? I just don't want to be given a hard time... anybody know of the process of how it works? My husband's Navy, and he has orders in September, but billets are coming out every month, and he might apply for the Hawaii billet. orngbiggrin.gif

I'm Michelle, child of God, wife to Miguel, [11.16.05] and mommy to Kanoa [7.07.08]
"Follow the way of love." - 1 Cor 14:1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The issue is medical clearance and command sponsorship; TMO isn't checking your vax status. This will come up when you are doing your medical clearance.

There is contact info on the last page if you run into any issues We got declined for Japan. UPDATE

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#3 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

So for the medical clearance -- would they deny us if I or my son weren't up to date? If we explained that we don't vaccinate for religious reasons? I mean, Hawaii doesn't require everyone to vaccinate either, they have a religious exemption. Do they do medical clearances when you're PCS'ing to Hawaii?

I'm Michelle, child of God, wife to Miguel, [11.16.05] and mommy to Kanoa [7.07.08]

#4 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Did you read the link?

Not vaccinating is not an automatic rejection. It is one of the "shaded" boxes on the clearance form; if any of the shaded boxes have a "no" answer, then they are usually send for review.

Alaska and Hawaii are "overseas" assignments. I was in Alaska, but in the AF and without dependents.

This thread may get more attention from the non-vaxing military if it was in the "I'm not vaccinating" forum.

TMK, no country that a dependent is likely to pcs to requires vaccinations for visitors. If you want to use any childcare/DODDs services in the future you would have to use a religious exemption, but it shouldn't be necessary to even get into that (see link, post #19).

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#5 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

The link that took me to the thread, right? Yes, I did read the link along with several other things on different threads, but it was hard to process some of this information cause some of this was applicable to the different services (AF, etc.) so I was kinda hoping to get an idea of how the process works for the Navy and what kind of legal support I can use if it becomes a problem. I hope it won't. Thank you!

#6 of 6 Old 12-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_emerald77 View Post

The link that took me to the thread, right? Yes, I did read the link along with several other things on different threads, but it was hard to process some of this information cause some of this was applicable to the different services (AF, etc.) so I was kinda hoping to get an idea of how the process works for the Navy and what kind of legal support I can use if it becomes a problem. I hope it won't. Thank you!

The Navy is causing the most trouble with non-vaxing and command sponsorship; post #19 on that thread has contact info if you run into problems.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page