I have a question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is the pathogens themselves or the other ingredients in vaccines you object to?

#2 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Both, although moreso to the other ingredients

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 08:03 AM

The pathogens are a concern for me because they give the body an illness to fight when there really is none which can trigger auto-immune disorders.  If it were just that though, I would probably still do the vaccines. 

The other ingredients are known neurotoxins and poisons.  It just doesn't make sense to inject those things into the body, especially a newborn's body.

Top that with all of the conflicts of interest and creepy actions of the people who are responsible for deciding what goes into the vaccines that would be injected into my child.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#4 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 AM

I'm not sure that I am someone you are asking, since we do vax (selective/delayed), but I am concerned about several things:

a) We selectively vax because I am concerned about putting unnecessary things (pathogens or otherwise) into my DS's body. For instance, we skip the hep B and hep A series, because neither I nor DH has hepatitis, neither is DS likely to contract it.

b) We delay vax because I am concerned about the AMOUNT of pathogens and preservatives, etc., being put into my DS's body at one time. For example, there are 3 vaccines that the AAP recommends for his 12 month appointment that I want him to receive. (Hib, PCV, and MMR.) However, that is actually FIVE vaccines, since MMR contains 3. Also, I am concerned about the live virus factor of MMR. We will probably do Hib at 12 months, PCV at 15 months, and probably delay the MMR until age 2-3.

HTH.

Rachel....

Wife to DH...

SAHM to C (2.5 years)

#5 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyRN View Post

I'm not sure that I am someone you are asking, since we do vax (selective/delayed), but I am concerned about several things:

a) We selectively vax because I am concerned about putting unnecessary things (pathogens or otherwise) into my DS's body. For instance, we skip the hep B and hep A series, because neither I nor DH has hepatitis, neither is DS likely to contract it.

b) We delay vax because I am concerned about the AMOUNT of pathogens and preservatives, etc., being put into my DS's body at one time. For example, there are 3 vaccines that the AAP recommends for his 12 month appointment that I want him to receive. (Hib, PCV, and MMR.) However, that is actually FIVE vaccines, since MMR contains 3. Also, I am concerned about the live virus factor of MMR. We will probably do Hib at 12 months, PCV at 15 months, and probably delay the MMR until age 2-3.

HTH.

If you are looking at it like 1 pathogen = 1 vaccine, than this would be 17 vaccines since the PCV vaccine covers 13 strains of bacteria

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#6 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 12:24 PM

#7 of 12 Old 01-05-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam View Post

Do you work with a pharmaceutical company?

I don't see where there's any basis to drag out the accusation of being a "pharma shill" against the OP.

#8 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 AM

I don't see PP as an accusation, merely a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post

Quote:

I don't see where there's any basis to drag out the accusation of being a "pharma shill" against the OP.

#9 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

As a lifelong nonvaxer, I object to the government coerced practice of vaccination since this practice has never been shown to work.  

TYVM.

No, I'm not.  Just curious.  I had no idea there was also conspiracy theory involved, so thanks for that.

#10 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 02:32 PM

Both. I am skeptical of things made by people being totally necessary for good health. I am also skeptical of medicating of the well.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#11 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 08:19 PM

#12 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 09:56 PM

Are you referring to this?

[Edit for more general link.]

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page