Journal: Study linking vaccine to autism was fraud - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 01-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It has been years since I followed the non vaxing thread OR watched the news.  I have vaxed my children, but with some delays.  Funny thing is, I delayed with the suggestion of my Ped/PC back in 1992..............................long before this piece was brought to the table.  And long before I was in the know about Autism.

This was a topic of one of my classes today. 

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!
#32 of 42 Old 01-08-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post

Seems they drag Wakefeild back out whenever something new or big is brewing...now just to wait and see what it is.

NPR had Paul Offit on Science Friday yesterday, also.  I also wonder if something is up in the vaccine world. 

Single Mama to my sweet boo.
#33 of 42 Old 01-11-2011, 12:44 PM

I think that the reason that this study is such a big deal is because there are still a lot of parents who believe that vaccines cause autism.  Also, after the Lancet report and Wakefield's subsequent comments, the rates of MMR innoculation plummeted and the rates of diseases like measles skyrocketed.  Several children died because of it.  Unnecessarily, in the minds of many.  So finding out that the deaths of dozens of children was based on an elaborately scripted lie is pretty newsworthy to many people.

As far as Dr. Offit being a guest on NPR, I suspect it's because he's promoting his new book that is just coming out.

#34 of 42 Old 01-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergirl67 View Post

I think that the reason that this study is such a big deal is because there are still a lot of parents who believe that vaccines cause autism.  Also, after the Lancet report and Wakefield's subsequent comments, the rates of MMR innoculation plummeted and the rates of diseases like measles skyrocketed.  Several children died because of it.  Unnecessarily, in the minds of many.  So finding out that the deaths of dozens of children was based on an elaborately scripted lie is pretty newsworthy to many people.

As far as Dr. Offit being a guest on NPR, I suspect it's because he's promoting his new book that is just coming out.

{bolding mine} There were actually 10 less cases of measles reported this year (2010) than last year (2011) http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5951.pdf

and - can you point me to the dozens of deaths, the only thing I could find was a NYT report stating that there were no deaths from the supposed "HUGE" outbreak this year - then again, they also state more reported cases than the CDC reports.  (NYTs reports 64 cases through April)

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#35 of 42 Old 01-12-2011, 01:21 PM

Fyrestorm-  Wakefield's article had a much bigger impact than the US, and for much longer than just this year.  Since it's release, vaccination rates, especially of the MMR, in Europe have tanked.  They are finally beginning to pick up again, but in the meantime a lot of people got very sick and some even died.  http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/mmr-boycott-blamed-for-soaring-measles-cases-1765876.html   Between all of the countries who have seen a drop in these immunizations, there have been several deaths from measles and mumps.  I looked up the numbers, but it's too many links to cite here, as you have to look up each country for each disease each year. 

#36 of 42 Old 01-12-2011, 01:25 PM

Haven't read all the replies but I read an interesting article in the local paper about how, in this study, they have seen a large increase in cases of autism where the next oldest sibling was less than 2 when the other was conceived.  If people are interested I can dig around to try to find it.

#37 of 42 Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlittlefish View Post

Haven't read all the replies but I read an interesting article in the local paper about how, in this study, they have seen a large increase in cases of autism where the next oldest sibling was less than 2 when the other was conceived.  If people are interested I can dig around to try to find it.

notes2.gif I'm interested

#38 of 42 Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 AM

Oh, I saw that article, too.
Quote:
Children born less than two years after their siblings were considerably more likely to have an autism diagnosis compared to those born after at least three years.

Yahoo link

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#39 of 42 Old 01-13-2011, 04:07 PM

Please remember that all discussion should remain focused on the vaccine related topic and not on any individuals. Several such posts have already been removed. Any further violations of our guidelines will result in closure or removal of the thread.

#40 of 42 Old 01-14-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
 @AllyRae:  You can't self-choose to be in the study if you want it to be an unbiased study.  

What is the difference in this, and having a person volunteer for a clinical trial?  In order to study the unvaxxed population, they will have to be sought out and solicted for just like they do when they want a "healthy male age 20-28, non smoking, for 3 weeks". 

#41 of 42 Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimemama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper_mama View Post

Seriously, there are plenty of unvaccinated kids out there - why can't we do a study tracking rates of chronic and infectious disease between the two groups??

1. Because people with lots of money and power don't want the study done.  They have something to lose (money)

2.  Because the US Gov't is convinced that any change to the US vaccination schedule will be a major catastrophe

3.  Because fault would be found and the lawsuits would be enormous

Do vaccines cause autism? Yes, sometimes. (Hannah Poling)  Are vaccines the only thing that cause autism? No.  How do I know this? Because my unvaccinated son is autistic.  Do I regret not vaxing him? Heck no!  He would be much more severely affected (or not here at all) had I vaxed him with the typical US schedule.  What really gets under my skin is that the vaccine debate is always reduced to Autism causing or not Autism causing.  The schedule is insane and money driven regardless of Autism.  There are many problems with the safety testing and conflicts of interest and on and on - Autism or no.  

Amen. Exactly on target. Autism is just one of dozens of reasons I do not regret my decision to avoid all vaccines. Just the ability to read and reason carefully is enough.

I read several dozen articles, weighing the pros and cons, the risks etc, all evidence and all thought process pointed directly at not vaxing. I still read. Nothing has changed.

#42 of 42 Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Oh, I saw that article, too.

Quote:
Children born less than two years after their siblings were considerably more likely to have an autism diagnosis compared to those born after at least three years.

Yahoo link

LOL, I read the article. I enjoyed the comments at the bottom---most people can see that the study is junk.  Wakefield is persecuted while these other researchers spout their lousy ideas and get away with it. Something is not balanced and fair in our media, that's for sure.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page