Vaccine Shedding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with vaccines shedding. My daughter is unvaxxinated and she was playing with a friend today who had just been vaxed. I am not 100% sure wether or not she was vaxed with a live virus vax or not. What is really wierd is that i called my doc and the nurse told me that the mmr is not a live virus vax. I read up on it and i think she made a mistake, or she is not well informed. Sort of scary that a nurse does not know the correct info.  She told me that the only live virus vax is the chickenpox one.  Would love to hear what you guys have to say. Thanks.

#2 of 6 Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 PM

~Moving to Vaccinations forum~

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#3 of 6 Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 AM

MMR is attenuated...the idea that the measles portion can spread after vaccination is purely theoretical. There has never been a documented case of vaccine type measles spreading. Numerous studies have concluded that the authors feel it is not even possible, that something about the attenuated strain prevents it from spreading, despite a case report here and there of it being found in the throat and that kinda thing.

Rubella can spread through breastmilk.

Varicella, on the other hand, is a bit more complicated on this point. It is my opinion that the shedding possibilities of this vaccine are far overstated. Transmission of Okra strain VZV has only been documented in 5 or 6 healthy individuals; the main concerns with this vaccine are transmission to those with weakened immune systems.

sassygirl5146 likes this.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#4 of 6 Old 01-13-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriebft View Post

Transmission of Okra strain VZV has only been documented in 5 or 6 healthy individuals; the main concerns with this vaccine are transmission to those with weakened immune systems.

Not to derail things, but this cracked me up.

#5 of 6 Old 01-13-2011, 11:36 AM

LOL sorry, that should read Oka  :)

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#6 of 6 Old 01-13-2011, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you i feel a little more relaxed now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page