Dangers of Flumist? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-24-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't believe in vaccination and I would never give my kids a flu shot. However, there is talk that some schools where I am (not in the US) give the kids a flu shot without informing the parents (they do the flu spray). If this were to happen with my kids, what are the major issues, besides it being a live virus? I am not so worried about the live virus thing because it's not any worse than them getting the flu in the regular way--I mean, the flu stinks but I'm not afraid of it like I am tetanus or something. This shot is not injected into the bloodstream (one of the major reasons I'm against other vaccines, since it's not the natural way the body is introduced to diseases), it doesn't have mercury...how worried should I be about this?

#2 of 2 Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Asides for the whole shedding issue (which is a huge concern). I would also be concerned about the ingredients. Just because something is not injected, doesn't mean it's safe.

The nasal passages are delicate and the tissue there is very permeable.

Each dose of flumist contains 10 6.5-7.5 particles of live, attenuated influenza virus. That means that between 10 million and 100 million viral particles will be forcefully injected into the nostrils when administered. The viral strain was developed by serial passage through "specific pathogen-free primary chick kidney cells" and then grown in "specific pathogen-free eggs." That means that the culture media was free of pathogens that were specifically tested for, but not a culture that was necessarily "pathogen-free."  Each dose of flumist contains

0.188 mg monosodium glutamate, (http://www.msgtruth.org/ ) 2.00 mg hydrolyzed porcine gelatin,( Porcine gelatin, or pork gelatin, is made from the leftover parts of a pig after slaughter, and is used in many products as a stabilizer.)  2.42 mg arginine, 13.68 mg sucrose, 2.26 mg dibasic potassium phosphate, 0.96 mg monobasic potassium phosphate (a buffering agent) that can cause "CAUSE IRRITATION TO SKIN, EYES, AND RESPIRATORY TRACT. MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED." (from MSDS) , and <0.015 mcg/mL gentamicin sulfate which is an antibiotic.

Dr Tenpenny also warns of the dangers of flumist.

Quote:
 One of the most troubling concerns over the injection of this "chemical soup" is the potential for the viruses to enter directly into the brain. At the top of the nasal passages is a paper-thin bone called the cribriform plate. The olfactory nerves pass through this bone and line the nasal passages, carrying messenger molecules to the brain that are identified as "smells" familiar to us. The olfactory tract has long been recognized as a direct pathway to the brain. Intranasal injection of certain viruses has resulted in a serious brain infection called encephalitis, presumably by direct infection of the olfactory neurons that carried the viruses to the brain

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page