Court of Federal Claims concedes DTaP caused seizures and resulting brain damage in this case - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-25-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/Golkiewicz.Mersburgh.pdf

Sometimes justice prevails.......although the amount rewarded remains to be seen

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#2 of 5 Old 02-25-2011, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

This is good news, although the poor boy suffered the reaction 10 Years ago. Swift justice, haha.

Every time I read about vaccine reactions, it makes me want to cry.  Wasn't there a discussion on the boards a few weeks ago, about febrile seizures not being very dangerous? Maybe they are not always dangerous, but the vaccine induced febrile seizures Were dangerous for this poor boy.  It's Russian Roulette, and you never know if your child will suffer or not. Just give them the shot and find out!

Quote from the article:

"In the recently issued Simon decision, the undersigned noted that the following fact
pattern is seen frequently in vaccine cases: “An otherwise healthy petitioner receives a
vaccination, the vaccine causes a fever, which in turn causes or triggers a complex febrile
seizure.”

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#3 of 5 Old 02-25-2011, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyBird View Post

This is good news, although the poor boy suffered the reaction 10 Years ago. Swift justice, haha.

Every time I read about vaccine reactions, it makes me want to cry.  Wasn't there a discussion on the boards a few weeks ago, about febrile seizures not being very dangerous? Maybe they are not always dangerous, but the vaccine induced febrile seizures Were dangerous for this poor boy.  It's Russian Roulette, and you never know if your child will suffer or not. Just give them the shot and find out!

Quote from the article:

"In the recently issued Simon decision, the undersigned noted that the following fact
pattern is seen frequently in vaccine cases
: “An otherwise healthy petitioner receives a
vaccination, the vaccine causes a fever, which in turn causes or triggers a complex febrile
seizure.”

I do not have time to read it right now..who is the undersigned? Who said this? Thanks.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~Mark Twain

#4 of 5 Old 02-25-2011, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The undersigned is the judge.  The ruling itself is from 2007. 

The most interesting thing about this case to me is that the judge wrote that his decision was largely the basis of the lowered burden of proof that is one of the benefits of the Vaccine Act.  Had this case been decided under ordinary standards of proof in an ordinary court proceeding, the outcome might have been very different.  

Also, I want to point out that a judge's ruling should in no way be taken as evidence of actual medical facts.  Though in this case a child had a complex febrile seizure and ended up with a serious seizure disorder, that in no way proves that the first seizure caused the subsequent seizures.  To my knowledge there is absolutely no evidence of that, and we should all remember that correlation does not equal causation.

#5 of 5 Old 02-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The undersigned is the judge.  The ruling itself is from 2007. 

The most interesting thing about this case to me is that the judge wrote that his decision was largely the basis of the lowered burden of proof that is one of the benefits of the Vaccine Act.  Had this case been decided under ordinary standards of proof in an ordinary court proceeding, the outcome might have been very different.  

Also, I want to point out that a judge's ruling should in no way be taken as evidence of actual medical facts.  Though in this case a child had a complex febrile seizure and ended up with a serious seizure disorder, that in no way proves that the first seizure caused the subsequent seizures.  To my knowledge there is absolutely no evidence of that, and we should all remember that correlation does not equal causation.

ETA:  Um, and by "judge" what I mean is "special master."  

I mean is "special

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page