Would someone be willing to look at my NYS religious exemption form/letter? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-26-2011, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm registering my son for Pre-K next week and I've been agonizing over this form.  It's the basic NYS form where I just need to explain in the lines why I'm requesting it and what my religious beliefs are that lead us to not vaccinate.  I'm not in NYC and I THINK I have it covered but I could definitely use some input. 

Would really appreciate any input. 

#2 of 7 Old 02-27-2011, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? help.gif

#3 of 7 Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 AM

Sorry, I dont frequent the Vaccine forum, because, for now, my decision is made.  I keep revisiting it every few months.  So I JUST saw your plea. 

If you would like, please PM me your letter, and I will compare it to one I have already submitted to my DCP for both my boys.  They are private, but accept State aid and funding (DSS and section 8 I believe) therefore they have to follow all the same rules as the public schools.  So I guess the owner/director would be considered their "Principal" lol and they provide Pre-K services. 

#4 of 7 Old 03-01-2011, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

A lot of us here can't be of much help, unfortunately.  From what I understand, NY is it's own ball game when it comes to vaccination politics.  Meanwhile, I live in a state where you pretty much have the freedom to say, "no thanks" and leave it at that. 

I suggest cross posting this in the your Tribal Area.  Hopefully some savvy NY mamas can help!

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#5 of 7 Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post

A lot of us here can't be of much help, unfortunately.  From what I understand, NY is it's own ball game when it comes to vaccination politics.  Meanwhile, I live in a state where you pretty much have the freedom to say, "no thanks" and leave it at that. 

I suggest cross posting this in the your Tribal Area.  Hopefully some savvy NY mamas can help!

I wanna move there. greensad.gif
#6 of 7 Old 03-01-2011, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

I actually just had to hand it in today so not much I could change now.  I kept it very short and simple so I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

#7 of 7 Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 PM

My NYS exemption letter was a single paragraph and was excepted by a private school no questions asked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page