Rotavirus vaccine.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-26-2011, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please SPAM me about this vaccine! All three of my girls have Rota right now and it is HORRIBLE :( Our 4 year old spent the night in the hospital Monday night and our 6 year old was in the ER for fluids and Zofran on Thursday. Our 6 year old is still really sick and on some other anti-nausea meds because she could not stop vomiting. I am still nursing our 1 1/2 year old so she just threw up for a few hours and now only has diarrhea, she is definatly the least effected. We don't vax but this is one I am interested in learning more about for our new baby. I don't know anything about it so any info you can give would be great. I am sure when it is all said and done I will probabily not do it but I like to be educated so I would love to hear some facts.

Thanks,

Amy

Amy praying.gifbfinfant.gifslinggirl.gif familybed2.gif saynovax.gifsewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gifWAHM to energy.gifElle 3/2/2004, joy.gifMeadow 12/02/2006, bouncy.gifAzaliah 4/09/2009, and baby.gif Olive 09/23/2011. I have been partners.gif married to my husband Bill since 2/22/03.....

#2 of 2 Old 02-26-2011, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Breastmilk is really good for rotavirus. You could try to pump and give your older children some breastmilk too. I saw a recent study where the vaccine is not as effective in breastfed infants because the breastmilk kills the vaccine before the body can respond. Also once exposed you do have immunity to the virus for quite some time. Remember to include some probiotics when they are able to eat again.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page