"Mandatory" vaccine requirement in schools? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-10-2011, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I'll try.

DD is going off to preschool soon and, of course, on the website of some schools one of the things they require is a copy of their vaccine and health history.

Well, I rarely took DD to the doctor and her vaccine history is non existent.  Is there an exemption form for vaccines? Does this apply to both public and private schools?

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

#2 of 2 Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I see you are in the Bay Area. If that is in California, then, yes, there is a very easy exemption to the school vaccine requirements. Just sign the personal beliefs affidavit on the 2nd page of this link. http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/immunize/Documents/pm286b.pdf Also sign the affidavit for the TB test if you don't want that done. You can check boxes A and E for them on the front. Leave the date blank.

Most schools will not tell parents about the existence of the exemption, and most will not offer parents the form without being asked. But you can print out the form. To make it the same as the official form from the health department, you can print it out double sided on light blue paper. Just fill out the form and send it instead of vaccine records. All schools in California, public and private, are required to accept the exemption. If possible, it's a good idea to wait until your child is accepted into the school before you give them the form, just so they can't pretend they're not accepting her for some other reason.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page