do you vaccinate? - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My children are 15 months and 3 months and have never needed a medical procedure (I don't call getting a shot a medical procedure)and if they did I would ask questions of course! I have never had a medical procedure until my c section and since my mom and sister both have had one I didn't feel that I needed to ask questions cause I knew what to expect. Nobody that I know has ever to my knowledge had any problems with vaccinations, I don't watch the news and I rarely use the interent so no I didn't realize how dangerous they could be, but I probably would have vaccinated my kids regardless.
#332 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

I can only speak to hat the law says.

Isn't that unrealistic, even irrelevant, if real life involves a heckuva lot more that what the law says?

As has been stated here many times, most doctors only give out a sheet from their office that states, "Reactions may include redness and swelling at the injection site, fever, and irritability."

The most mainstream sites imply that more serious reactions than that occur far less often than they really do.  What was it you said on another post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrrrachel View Post

It's fact that hep b is much more common than reported. That's why it's the silent epidemic. 

So you are willing to accept that hep B is much more common than reported, but not that severe vaccine reaction is much more common than 

reported.  

How interesting.
applejuice likes this.
#333 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Right. Because science supports one and not the other, taxi. It's not a mystery.
#334 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Don't most of the information sheets lists the common reactions and then just say something like "more serious reactions can occur rarely" - since that is in fact the case....

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#335 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:

Right. Because science supports one and not the other, taxi. It's not a mystery.

What, because you say so? No, I don't think that!ll fly here.

How about if you supply some proof to back up your statement? Remember, you said, "SCIENCE supports one and not the other."

Now, if you mean, "science-as-a-profiteering-business," we'll, that might make sense. Certainly, the pharmaceutical industry has put a lot of money into "fixing" the outcome of the studies it puts out, in order to maximize profits. I don't think anyone would argue that one.

But if you mean, "science-as-the-study-of-systematically-finding-the-truth," which is what most people assume you mean, then you'll find most people, even scientists, are going to disagree with you. You see, we already know that what the pharmaceutical industry passes off as science--isn't. They cherry-pick in order to support sales of their product. Even such mainstream science giants as the Cochrane Review, and Marcia Angell have complained about this.

So--some proof, please?
#336 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM

I can't prove a negative, taxi.
#337 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 02:09 PM

Psm, the vis sheets used in the us are generally much more specific than that. Check out the one for dtap, for example. It lists lots of specific reactions and they're associated rate.
#338 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Ok.

If people are intested - In the uk we are handed leaflets at point of vaccination about whats happening with a variety of information including information about why the vaccination is needed and also reactions. Here these do not happen as part of "well child checks" as those dont exists as such (drop in to nurse staffed health clinics is available at any time instead). You attend a vaccination clinic staffed by nurses at the doctors office.

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

#339 of 345 Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM

Because most mainstream parents just follow their doctors advice. Vaccines aren't seen as something to be questioned, and when they are everyone just brushes it off as "what you do" . Like, parent: doctor, is this shot safe? Doctor: yes it's safe. Heres a sheet about the mild side effects. parent: oh ok I'll give soe Tylenol now. End.thats pretty much how everyone I knows conversation went at their respective peds, mine too until I started asking questions, then iget more info. I hope that makes sense..nak
Edit to say that my post is kinda irrelevant now, was tool ate to the game,,:-)

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#340 of 345 Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Location: The MonValley - About an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA

We are completely vaccine free. I was injured by vaccines as a child. So were my sister and young aunt. I started to study vaccinations and the diseases themselves when I was just 15 - after nearly dying due to a Tetanus Booster - that I didn't need! Since then I have spend somewhere around 8000 hours researching and finding the truth. What I found has only convinced me that vaccination is about money, not health. For every story of a child getting sick with measles, smallpox, pertussis or whatever else there are 5 stories of horrid debilitating adverse reactions to the vaccines that are said to ward them off - not to mention a higher infection rate in vaccinated children. So no, we don't vaccinate, and never will. When I finish my degree I plan to work with our local and state law makers to educate them on vaccination in hopes of changing legal matters around the subject.

#341 of 345 Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 AM

I'd be interested in some documentation of the assertion that infection rates are higher in vaccinated children. Also that the adverse event rate is five times higher than infection rates (I assume you mean in the post vaccine era for both of these claims? For all vaccines/diseases?)
#342 of 345 Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:

I'd be interested in some documentation of the assertion that infection rates are higher in vaccinated children. Also that the adverse event rate is five times higher than infection rates (I assume you mean in the post vaccine era for both of these claims? For all vaccines/diseases?)

None of the research I've seen has any good evidence of a higher infection rate in vaccinated children. And in every case I've found the rate of serious adverse reactions to vaccinations is lower than the rate at which unvaccinated children catch the VPD.... and of course that latter would increase even more if many more people declined vaccination. 

#343 of 345 Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post

None of the research I've seen has any good evidence of a higher infection rate in vaccinated children. And in every case I've found the rate of serious adverse reactions to vaccinations is lower than the rate at which unvaccinated children catch the VPD.... and of course that latter would increase even more if many more people declined vaccination. 

But you have no idea what the real rate of serious adverse reactions to vaccinations is, because they are so often not recognized and therefore not reported.

applejuice, Marnica and boomer78 like this.
#344 of 345 Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM

That's not true taxi. There are lots of ways to estimate the rate of adverse events other than reporting through vaers.
applejuice likes this.
#345 of 345 Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 PM

Yeah I was thinking more results from clinical trials. Is the reactions are so rare as to not be caught in them, well then. Already have my answer.

Tags
Immunity , Vaccinations , Selective Vaccination , Delayed Vaccination , Measles , Autism , Travel

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page