Tetanus vaccine question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One more vaccine question that I'm having trouble finding...

So I saw on one website (I think it was Tenpenny that said this) that the tetanus vaccine is a toxoid vaccine and our body can't build up immunity to poisons.  So if vaccination doesn't make sense, would the tetanus immune globulin makes sense if you have a wound that is deep and can't be cleaned and bled properly?  I guess my DH and I are questioning this vaccine vs. what to do if our children developed tetanus...

#2 of 9 Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yes, if you were to forgo the tetanus vaccine, you could request the TIG for a wound that was "high risk" for tetanus.

In ER situations where there is a wound that is high risk in an unvaccinated person - docs will try and give the TIG AND the DT (to try and get protection from future wounds that may also be high risk).

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 9 Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Good to know about them trying to push the DT on you.  Thanks for answering.  I'm still researching more, but was just not finding the answer I was looking for (maybe because I'm trying to do it with 4 children around :) !).

#4 of 9 Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post

So I saw on one website (I think it was Tenpenny that said this) that the tetanus vaccine is a toxoid vaccine and our body can't build up immunity to poisons.

This is likely a conflation with the fact that contracting tetanus doesn't produce immunity, because of the tiny amount of tetanospasmin required and the way it gets back to the central nervous system. Clearly, if one believes the vaccine doesn't work, a necessary conclusion is that TiG doesn't either.

#5 of 9 Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Clearly you can believe the vaccine doesn't work but the TiG does, as I've continuted to research after I posted this question and found the answer I was looking for. 

"Early doses of toxoid may not induce immunity, but only prime the immune system. The TIG provides temporary immunity by directly providing antitoxin. This ensures that protective levels of antitoxin are achieved."

#6 of 9 Old 03-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post

"Early doses of toxoid may not induce immunity, but only prime the immune system. The TIG provides temporary immunity by directly providing antitoxin. This ensures that protective levels of antitoxin are achieved."

Yeah, this is true, but it refers to those who haven't completed the initial series. TiG is a human plasma product separated from donations from those with high antibody levels, produced by receiving the vaccine in the first place. If the vaccine "doesn't work," how is it that the IgG that it induces does work when removed and given to someone else?

#7 of 9 Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 AM

B

#8 of 9 Old 03-31-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm, good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post

Yeah, this is true, but it refers to those who haven't completed the initial series. TiG is a human plasma product separated from donations from those with high antibody levels, produced by receiving the vaccine in the first place. If the vaccine "doesn't work," how is it that the IgG that it induces does work when removed and given to someone else?

#9 of 9 Old 03-31-2011, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam View Post

Being a human blood product,  do hcp providers fully inform all patients of this fact, that all human blood products may carry the risk of hepatitis, AIDS, HIV, even though no one case has ever been verified.  Who would want to be the first one identified?   Whatever happened to informed consent?

I'm assuming the information is probably on something that you sign...however, how many people actually read all the "fine print"?

Tags
Vaccinations , Tetanus , Immunity , Saying No To Vaccines

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page