Looking for a link - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's been a long time since I posted here, but I'm hoping that somebody might remember the transcript that I'm talking about. I lost my bookmarks and have really been missing this particular link lately.

It's a transcript of a conference where a number of things were discussed. One of them was retroviral contaminants of vaccines and ensuring that that there were no hidden viruses similar to SV40. There was also a thorough discussion on HPV and the researcher who presented that topic spoke about how they had tested different women and for every 2 women tested they found a new previously unidentified type of HPV virus. He theorized that HPV may be as much a flora in the body as we now know bacteria to be.

There may have been a few other discussions, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind. The transcript is very long, and it's got each line numbered if I remember right. It might even be in a font that looks like it's been typed on a typewriter.

Can anyone help me? I've been googling but haven't gotten anywhere close. Anything with HPV in it comes up with gardasil non-stop now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 04:38 PM

Do you remember if this was a CDC or FDA type transcript?
Old 04-10-2011, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

It would've been more FDA I believe, but I'm not sure because it was scientists and vaccine manufacturers that were present.

The first part of it is talking about retroviral contaminants and screening for them. SV40 is mentioned, and then they go on to talk about the accuracy of eliza kits and how it would be impossible to screen for everything. It talks about false positives, and that even for the true positives, there's no proof of harm and it would be impossible to eliminate every single small thing. I believe they discuss how with technology becoming better and better, there will continue to be more and more things detected that couldn't be detected before. If I remember right, the end summary was keep an eye out for anything consistent, and watch for a few big things, but not worry about the small ones because who even knows if they truly exist or if that particular test was just inaccurate.

The HPV discussion talked about how some newborns tested positive for some strains of HPV and hypothesized that a baby was "infected" with the first strains of HPV at birth, and that not all HPV was harmful. When Merck questioned eliminating the known harmful ones, the presenter commented that it would have an unknown effect and made a comment about how HPV virus is an area they are still researching and don't fully understand everything it does - that it appeared to have it's own microflora similar to bacteria and it could be risky to upset the balance by removing some strains from the population. Part of the research involved culturing and testing high risk individuals such as prostitutes and they were finding a previously unidentified strain for approximately every 2 that they tested and most of the women were infected with multiple strains if I remember right.

Not all word for word obviously, but those were the 2 big topics in there. I did the bulk of my vaccine research back in 2005 and 2006, and it was old then. So I'm really hoping that it's still online - and that somebody remembers the exact one I'm talking about and can just yank the link out. Maybe a bit optimistic, but I can hope. :)

User Tag List