PIDS releases position statement on immunization exemptions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-22-2011, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dr. Tenpenny posted this link earlier today on Facebook.

http://www.pediatricsupersite.com/view.aspx?rid=82689

Quote:
The Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society recently issued a position statement that “opposes any legislation or regulation that would allow children to be exempted from mandatory immunizations based simply on their parents’, or in the case of adolescents, their own, secular personal beliefs.”

I'm pretty horrified. Forced medication is a disgusting idea.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#2 of 11 Old 04-22-2011, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

cold.gif Get ready to fight this like tigers....

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#3 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 08:49 AM

Over my dead body.

sosurreal09 likes this.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

#4 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 11:00 AM

This is scary but certainly does not surprise me. Our rights are being gnawed at from every direction.   It's only a matter of time before we have no choice at all.  We can only hope it gets better rather than worse.  They're already trying to mess with our religious rights in some states (mine, for example).

It's hard not to worry and get upset after reading such articles like this, but I try to stay positive and realize that they are going to have a very tough time taking away our rights and there are people out there who will be fighting this for us.   

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#5 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 01:15 PM

http://www.pids.org/news/238-pids-position-statement-on-pbes.html

there's the position statement. it basically wants to make it so you have to sign something from the state after visiting a counselor that states that you are aware of the dangers of not vaccinating and that states will reevaluate the policy annually to determine the number of folks getting exemptions.

in the current fiscal climate, i have a hard time seeing the states suddenly signing up for programs to counsel individuals that don't want to vaccinate. i mean they are cutting things left and right, would this really be a great proposition for increased spending?

though i do think something similar to what they recommend is being discussed in washington? it seems like another hoop to jump through to avoid vaccinating, but i have a really hard time thinking that it would be effective? i mean, i'll talk to some counselor and sign some form, but i'm still not going to vax on schedule.

eh. who needs a signature?
#6 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post

Over my dead body.

yeahthat.gif

#7 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post

there's the position statement. it basically wants to make it so you have to sign something from the state after visiting a counselor that states that you are aware of the dangers of not vaccinating and that states will reevaluate the policy annually to determine the number of folks getting exemptions.

in the current fiscal climate, i have a hard time seeing the states suddenly signing up for programs to counsel individuals that don't want to vaccinate. i mean they are cutting things left and right, would this really be a great proposition for increased spending?

though i do think something similar to what they recommend is being discussed in washington? it seems like another hoop to jump through to avoid vaccinating, but i have a really hard time thinking that it would be effective? i mean, i'll talk to some counselor and sign some form, but i'm still not going to vax on schedule.

I agree, it doesn't sound feasable at all.
#8 of 11 Old 04-26-2011, 01:56 PM

Turquesa likes this.
#9 of 11 Old 04-27-2011, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaMama View Post

an alternative perspective on this position statement

http://www.beyondconformity.org.nz/_blog/Hilary's_Desk/post/Paul_Offits_Science_Friction/

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#10 of 11 Old 05-06-2011, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

I find it reassuring when physicians themselves come out against these absurdities.  Scroll to the end of this article to see a couple of doctors' responses. 

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#11 of 11 Old 05-08-2011, 12:51 PM

The idea of this is preposterous! Bleh, the things these people think are appropriate are disturbing. Thanks for the links. 

Married to Michael and Mother of Jake 9, Jillianne 7, Jensen 5, Jacen 4. I've got severe osteoporosis, a fractured hip and chronic pain-so please be patient with me! Pagan,Crocheter,Reader,Homeschooler- that's me in a nutshell.

Tags
Vaccinations , Exemption

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page