Unvaxed and the Army. looking for knowledge for Germany and Fort Bragg, NC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-28-2011, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, my husband is about to graduate AIT so I am a very new Army wife. I have two children a 17 month old and a 3.5 year old my 17 month old has no vaxes and my 3.5 had her first set, her 2nd Dtap and then her MMR at 7 months before I finally decided to stop all together. I'm not completely against vaxing but I am so torn I don't want to make a choice as of now especially not for my son. I would like to move on base if we do get stationed at Fort Bragg but I would also like to be able to work out and drop my children off at the child care just like I do at the local Y now. Can anyone tell me how Fort Bragg is specifically on this? Also there is the chance that we may get Germany how does going overseas work with not having them vaxed can we be turned down? And then again the child watch issue? I have read somewhere that I need a letter from the Chief or something like that?? That totally loses me who would that be and how would I go about getting that? I say for religious reasons and I don't mind holding to that we are Jewish and I have heard of some people not vaxing in the Jewish religion but sometimes I feel so lost when people ask me why since I don't really have a religious answer maybe someone can help me with some advance advice on that too lol.  Thank you for any knowledge you may have on these areas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

We're not in the Army but my husband is a civilian employee. He was told that our child could not go to daycare there unless he was fully vaxed and there were no exemptions. Make some calls and see what kind of answers you get, maybe if you push there are exemptions. All NC schools and daycares do offer religious exemption. The federal gov gets to make it's own rules though. Good Luck!

Wife to DH, mommy to DS(4/23/08) and 3rdtri.gifdue in May!selectivevax.gifcd.gif

Tags
Vaccinations , Exemption , Daycare

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page