how do you deal with the hatred/being excluded? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi... my dh is deployed and i'm on my own with my 2 lil ones. my is age..is fully vaxed for his age and my dd has had one vax which seemed to screw her immune system up so no more for at least awhile. so i feel bad for injected so much into my lil guy without looking into it and on top of that i am getting alot of negative comments from family for not vaxing my dd, alot of hatred online ( f*** people who don't vax their kids, hope they die type of thing) and we've been kicked out of our local breastfeeding support group that we've been going to since my son was born (which i could use right now) i guess i'm just looking for support and advice on how to not let it get to me. i just want whats best for my kids!

sorry for the ramble, thanks for reading

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

#2 of 7 Old 05-02-2011, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hug2.gif hugs mama. Im sorry you are feeling this way. It is always hard when you make a choice that is not considered "mainstream".

I used to feel pretty bad sometimes, but I remind myself that only I know what is best for my child and I have researched this topic for 7 years (long before I was ever a mom) and I know what I'm doing for my child in our circumstances is the right thing at this moment in time. It is easy for single minded people to make blanket statements about parents who make different choices than they do when they don't know you, they don't your child or his health circumstances or your family circumstances as it pertains to risk vs benefit. They just see it as a black and white situation with no grey area.

I also don't share DS's vax status with just anyone. Perhaps you should be more choosey with who you share your child's medical info with. The breast feeding group for example - it's none of their beeswax frankly. Hang in there and remember why you have made the choices that you have and screw those people who don't respect you for doing what you think is best for your family.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 7 Old 05-02-2011, 10:37 AM

I hope you feel better soon.hug.gif

The only advice I can really give is to not let these people bother you or influence you in any way. The reason being is that people who think those who choose not to vaccinate should die have obviously not done their research and are completely in the dark about vaccinations. Because anyone in their right mind, if they have researched vaccines at all, would be able to understand why people would not want to vaccinate their children, knowing full well the potential side effects of them, etc. People really need to give other people room to make their own decisions without adding their 2 cents worth, and if they don't, well, see ya!  I would stay as far away from those people as possible and go to places where you can get support from people who feel the way you do. smile.gif

Be confident in your decision, because it's your family and no one else's. O On You Onl

(Ignore the letters....Weird things happening with post again.)

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#4 of 7 Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned

I wish I had some sage advice, your experiences are pretty much exactly why I NEVER post on facebook or something about DD's vax status and I don't discuss it with ANYONE really. Not even family. I don't go around asking them about their vax status and I don't expect them to ask me. When I have been asked I am very vague about it unless I feel comfortable or ready for a fight...

#5 of 7 Old 05-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca_n View Post

we've been kicked out of our local breastfeeding support group that we've been going to since my son was born (which i could use right now)

sorry for the ramble, thanks for reading

jaw2.gifReally?  I mean.....really?  If this is La Leche League, raise Cain about it because that is not an official policy of the organization.

What I find so sad is that they are willing to risk depriving a wee babe of breastfeeding and all of its lifesaving benefits.  They're basically punishing your baby for your decision.  By their rationale, shouldn't they be HELPING your poor, unvaxed baby build an immune system with breast milk??  UGH!  It's the same thing that I say about pediatricians who deny children preventative care in order to punish their parents for non-compliance with vaxes.  People in both scenarios believe that vaccines are more important than children.  Sad.  shake.gif 

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#6 of 7 Old 05-10-2011, 10:01 PM

grouphug.gif oh I know how you feel.  I had to deal with my parents and my husband's parents, although it wasn't too bad.  I'm so glad I learned then to not share ANYTHING regarding ds's health status.  Vaccinations seem like such a black/white issue with no room in between for most people.  I steer clear of the issue even if it comes up with people around me - although it's soooo hard because I so much want to debate every time it does come up...lol. 

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

#7 of 7 Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

they dont have any llli meetings in my area, the breastfeeding group is sponsored by the hospital but not held there. we were really close to the  lady who runs it (she was at my homebirth a few months ago but...,.. argh lol kids callng. try to write more later

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page