NEW STORY Government paid millions to vaccine injured kids - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/05/09/exclusive-government-paid-millions-to-vaccine-injured-kids/

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#2 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Unfortunately I can't read the entire article (my work blocks some stuff) but I don't see how this is big news. The federal governement has paid parents over 2 billion dollars in vaccine damages through the vaccine compensation program since 1986. This is common knowledge. Am I missing something (besides reading the whole thing!) is this reffering to some other federal payouts not through the compensation program?

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Unfortunately I can't read the entire article (my work blocks some stuff) but I don't see how this is big news. The federal governement has paid parents over 2 billion dollars in vaccine damages through the vaccine compensation program since 1986. This is common knowledge. Am I missing something (besides reading the whole thing!) is this reffering to some other federal payouts not through the compensation program?

Yeah that.  

The compensation program may be news to some, but it's not a secret.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#4 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 09:14 AM

I can't watch the video in the Fox News article, but this may shed more light:

http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/05/-new-study-substantial-number-of-children-compensated-for-vaccine-injury-also-have-autism-.html

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#5 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

the title was meant to read "newS story" not NEW story...just posting for anyone interested. 

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#6 of 8 Old 05-11-2011, 09:04 PM

the full law review article can be found here:

http://digitalcommons.pace.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1681&context=pelr

and it is a great read

Legal Mama to TWO homebirthed, unschooled, unvaxed, cloth diapered, mei tei loving, still breastfeeding baby girl 1/14/07 and an intact 8 pound 10 ouncer baby boy 4/5/10.
#7 of 8 Old 05-12-2011, 12:07 AM

And some differing opinions:

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/05/another_swing_for_the_fences_and_a_miss.php

http://my-socrates-note.blogspot.com/2011/05/and-here-we-go-again.html

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#8 of 8 Old 05-12-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema-adama View Post

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/05/another_swing_for_the_fences_and_a_miss.php

I hope I can say this, but the guy who wrote the blog above is a complete moron.  First of all, Holland and the others are not anti-vaccine. They are pro-choice, and if anyone thinks the people in this country actually have a SINCERE choice, they are sadly mistaken.  The people's "choices" are becoming few and far between.  (Sounds a bit like we are being policed to me and kept "in control" with little to no human rights.) To limit the choices of Americans who choose not to have procedures done to them which can cause severe injury and even death is beyond me, and these are the people who are looking out for our best interests? Please.

This guy also has no sympathy for children with autism and who have been injured by vaccines.  It is disgusting. Does he seriously say children with autistic symptoms doesn't actually mean they are autistic? Does he know ingredients in vaccines contain neurotoxins? Does he see how sick our children are today? Sadly, it sounds like he has no idea what vaccines actually have the potential to do.

I have a problem with people bashing others who are actually sticking up for the American people and asking questions and for more data/research.  What is wrong with that? Are we supposed to lie down and take everything that is spooned to us (via scare tactics, etc.),  and just go along with it without raising questions about the safety and concern about serious reactions/autism?  It seems like that's what this blogger wants the people to do, but it ain't gonna happen. This issue is not going away.

BeckyBird likes this.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page