Vaccines and neurological disorders - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2011, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Can someone point me towards any research about the safety of vaccines for children with neurological disorders? I've generally been a delayed/selective vax parent, but DS was just diagnosed with a neurological disorder and I'm wondering about future vaccines, if they'd be safe for him.

Thanks!

Mom to DD 8 and DS 6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Unfortunately nobody can point you in that direction because there is no research about the saftey of vaccines for children with neurological disorders. All clinical trials exclude children with health problems - including neurological problems.

Personally I feel that vaccines (or rather some of the excipients used in them - particularly mercury and aluminum) can cause neurological problems.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

Unfortunately nobody can point you in that direction because there is no research about the saftey of vaccines for children with neurological disorders. All clinical trials exclude children with health problems - including neurological problems.

Personally I feel that vaccines (or rather some of the excipients used in them - particularly mercury and aluminum) can cause neurological problems.

Great, just great. The percentage of the population with neurological disorders is growing rapidly and there's no research into what would be safe for them. I guess it wouldn't be very good for big pharma if 8-10 % (or however many) of the population can't take their vaccines.

Despite my discouragement and cynicism, I appreciate the info, Marnica, thanks! 

Despite on;y recently being diagnosed, my son was born with this disorder, so I don't think vaccines caused it. But I don't want him to have anything that would make it worse.

Mom to DD 8 and DS 6.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

User Tag List