was threatened to have social services called for non vaxing-help!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2011, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I have recently decided we dont want to vaccinate our three children. We did alot of research and dont feel comfortable having our children receive them. We had a wic appt today in which we attended a class that was suppose to have the full hour filled with information about vaccinations but only spent the first 5 minutes discussing it but only to tell us (us and a few other sets of parents) that if we came back for our youngest son's 9 month wic appt and he wasnt fully vaccinated, they were going to call social services on us for neglecting and abusing our child. This really doesnt seem right to me and i was wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this happening or has had this happen to them. I was also wondering if anyone knows anything about how to get around vaccinating in Puerto Rico (this is where we live).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

That WIC office is breaking federal law.

"Immunization records and/or an infant/child’s immunization status are in no way tied to the receipt of WIC benefits."

http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/benefitsandservices/immunization.HTM

For the school vaccine requirements, you can get a religious exemption.

http://www.vaclib.org/exempt/puertorico.htm

Old 06-02-2011, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Disgusting fear mongering. Print out the above regulations and show it to the moron that threatened you. Don't put up with that type of crap. They just assume you are uneducated and they can get away with threats like that. Frankly it is unacceptable and I hope you let them know that.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

User Tag List