This is great! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-07-2011, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So, I have done all the research in my family that has led us to be non-vaxers.  My ex husband has agreed with me on the basis of he's anti government and it sounds good to him.  Well, being that he lives with his parents now and they are VERY intrusive, I had it put in our court order that neither one of us could have any of the kids vaccinated without discussion and agreement with the other parent.  Mostly this was so his parents could not talk him into taking the kids in for vax's or so they could just do it themselves.  Anyway...my 5 year old got his foot cut on a clam shell in the Bay while with dad and they had to take him in to urgent care.  I asked him the other day if he was asked whether he was vaccinated (I have always fielded the ontorage) and his response was "I'm under court order not to let you do that."

How perfect a response was that?!?!  He said the doctor smiled and asked for what and he just said it was in our divorce papers and it was left completely alone.  Man!  I never thought of using that!  Awesome!

Sarah

Mama to girl (11), boy (7) and girl (4).  "Can't we all just get along?" joy.gif
#2 of 2 Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

That was a great idea to put that in your divorce papers. And I love your ex husband's response to the doctor!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page