Non-Vaxers and Delayed/Selective Vaxers: Where Do You Stand Politically? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Non-Vaxers and Delayed/Selective Vaxers: What Are Your Political Beliefs?
Mostly Conservative 7 16.28%
Moderately Conservative 1 2.33%
Centrist/All Over the Map/Depends on the Issue 10 23.26%
Moderately Liberal 2 4.65%
Mostly Liberal 16 37.21%
Liberatarian 7 16.28%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-22-2011, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Please vote only if you do NOT vaccinate according to CDC guidelines.  In other words, this poll is only for non-vaxers and delayed/selective vaxers.   Also, please keep the discussion vaccine-related (i.e. let’s not veer off into tangential political debates!) 

I see numerous news stories that try to paint “alterna-vaxers” in one brushstroke.  For example, skepticism toward the HPV vaccine was (inaccurately, I’d argue) attributed to social conservatives who don’t believe in sex outside of marriage.  I also see online comments about “crazy anti-vaxers” being “right wing.” But I personally don't fit this mold and was wondering if I'm alone...

Although this poll won’t be the most scientific, I’m curious if vaccine skeptics are correlated with one particular set of political beliefs or if, as I suspect, we’re a more diverse crowd.

ETA: And forgive the type-o in the Poll.  I don't know how to edit it away, but keep in mind that there's no such thing as a liberatarian. lol.gif

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Non-vaxxer here - and I voted mostly liberal.

In my local area, non and selective vaxxers tend to be:

a) conservative crunchy christian

b)  crunchy liberal 

I do not see very many middle of the roaders choosing alternate paths where I live.  

Old 08-22-2011, 04:19 PM

conservative non vaxer, but I was a non vaxer back when I was liberal. My decision to not vax is not defined by my political views. 

Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Depends on the issues. I tend to be all over the place, but at the end of the day have more body parts in the liberal camp. I voted in the middle though.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 AM

Selective/delayed.  I'm socially liberal.  Moderately fiscally conservative.  I don't have a problem with taxes and wealth redistribution in theory... but think it's done so poorly.  I knew I was not a Democrat (in the US) when I realized the legality of seizing private property was a liberal decision.  But I've never voted Republican.

Clearly, in need of a tribe!

Cool poll.

Blessed mom (11.10) and wife (5.01-met/12.07-married).  HI!  nocirc.gif  namaste.gif  

Old 08-24-2011, 09:24 AM

I guess crunchy conservative here. I take great offense in mandated school vaccines (which isn't done in my home country at all). If I could vote (not a citizen) I'd go for a mix of Ron Paul and Romney.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Selective/Delayed vaxer here and I voted mostly liberal. (Though extremely liberal is closer to the truth).

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
Old 08-25-2011, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Thanks for all of the replies; they validate my hypothesis.  Keep 'em coming! 

From Ron Paul and Michelle Malkin on one end to Bill Maher and Rep. Carolyn Maloney on the other, the movement for vaccine choice and safety is apparently a diverse one! 

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Old 08-25-2011, 07:38 AM

We are conservative Fox news junkie kind of people ;)  

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
Old 08-25-2011, 07:43 AM

Non-vaxxing, extremely liberal family here!

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 08-25-2011, 04:11 PM

I might say I am close to libertarian mostly, you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone  :)   I am fiscally conservative and liberal for social issues.  I selectively vaxxed and stopped when my oldest was 2.  I have HUGE issues with govt telling me what to inject in my body. 

Amy

NC momma to two lil monkeys

Trying to be a gardener and a candle maker at heart

Old 08-26-2011, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Non-vaxing.

To be honest, I believe that all politics and politicians suck. So I just vote for which option or person sucks the least.

That said, I fit best in the "mostly liberal" category. 

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeep View Post

Non-vaxing.

To be honest, I believe that all politics and politicians suck. So I just vote for which option or person sucks the least.

That said, I fit best in the "mostly liberal" category. 

This perfectly defines my political outlook!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Non Vaxer (soon to be selective vaxer) here. I'm very liberal and very Atheist.  In my area however it's only the extremely conservative and religious that don't vaccinate.  All my liberal friends vaccinate on schedule.

User Tag List