Unless Gov. Brown vetoes, 12 year olds in CA will be vaccinated without parental knowledge or consent. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-03-2011, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

http://nvicadvocacy.org/members/Resources/VetoAB499.aspx

#2 of 8 Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Wow. At my son's school, he needs to have a signed permission slip in order to have a cough drop! I'm not kidding.

I hope this does not pass! Think of some things that a 12 year old is not allowed to do.....

Buy cough medicine, even from over the counter

Get a tattoo, which is just as permanent as a vaccine, in a way

Get married

Can a 12 year old get her ears pierced without consent? I don't really know, but I wouldn't think so

Watch a rated R....or even PG-13 movie without a chaperone

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."

~Captain Hammer (j/k, it was Plato)

#3 of 8 Old 09-03-2011, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That just seems so odd in California where you can opt out of all vaccinations for personal reasons. 

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#4 of 8 Old 09-04-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parker'smommy View Post

That just seems so odd in California where you can opt out of all vaccinations for personal reasons. 

You are correct. This legislation bypasses the parental personal beliefs exemption. This legislation is backed by an organization called "Women in Government," which is funded by Merck. If you can't get the parents to allow Gardasil, push it on the kids and don't tell the parents. (And get the taxpayers to pay for it, too). Sweet deal for Merck.

If this becomes law, other states will be next. That is why the NVIC is urging people in every state to contact Gov. Brown immediately to ask him to veto the bill.

#5 of 8 Old 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma2two View Post

Quote:

You are correct. This legislation bypasses the parental personal beliefs exemption. This legislation is backed by an organization called "Women in Government," which is funded by Merck. If you can't get the parents to allow Gardasil, push it on the kids and don't tell the parents. (And get the taxpayers to pay for it, too). Sweet deal for Merck.

If this becomes law, other states will be next. That is why the NVIC is urging people in every state to contact Gov. Brown immediately to ask him to veto the bill.

#6 of 8 Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 AM

Basically what it comes down to is that the parents are starting to lose rights over their own children.  It's headed towards parents not being able to make any medical decisions for their own children when it comes to vaccines.  All of the control is being placed in lawmakers' hands who could care less about health and wellbeing.  With schools administering vaccines as much as they do (which IMO it is not their place,) there is nowhere to hide from them.

I don't know how more parents are not up in arms about this. It's getting out of hand and will continue that way until people start fighting back.  The lawmakers will get away with all they can in the meantime, as they have been.  It's degrading to parents.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#7 of 8 Old 10-18-2011, 12:45 AM

It passed.  Ridiculous. Barbara Loe Fisher is speaking in Newport Beach on Oct 25. I will definitely be there.

Desiree

#8 of 8 Old 10-18-2011, 01:28 PM

I am so sad this passed.  And my chiro will be there in Newport.  Wish I could make it.

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page