Montessori and my dilema - Mothering Forums

Thread Tools
#1 of 2 Old 09-21-2011, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
Mamato3wild ponnie's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: hopefully close to bliss
Posts: 2,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are living in the Dominican Republic and have 5 children this is about my 3 year old who is not vax'd along with a 5 month old who is not vax'd they are both still breastfeeding.

We have found a wonderful little American owned Montessori program in our town. Their are about 20 children and 75% of the children are Dominican and go on scholarships the other 25% of the children are paying students from all over the world.

I toured the facility last week and the owner has a 4 month old baby who is ebf also. She takes her baby to class at the facility everyday. It runs m-f 8:30-11:30

We talked at great lengths about lots of things, and I came right out and said do you require that all children be vax'd? She said yes...and I explained that my 3yo was not, she said that she would need to talk to the other parents and make sure that it was ok with them about my son attending the program with out vaccines.

She got back to me after the weekend and says this.....all of the parents have agreed that it would not be a problem for my son to attend....except one...and that one person is her....the owner. Who takes her baby to school everyday.

She says she needs to talk to her pediatrician here in the DR about the safety of her baby being around a non vax'd child. So i encourage her to research the information on both sides of this matter and not strictly go with a doctors we the parents are the consumer and we have the ultimate say in what we inject into our children. That we as parents need to research the pro's and cons of vaccines. I referred her here to mothering.

So that was sends me another email saying this.....she's been doing her research since we spoke and the way she's been doing it has been by conversing with her friends and family members who are either doctors or nurses. She goes on to say that.....her family and herself have been listening to what doctors have to say in regards to medical issues all of their lives and since they've remained very healthy individuals...she really trusts what the medical field has to say. She then says that she will be speaking to her brother in law tomorrow who is a doctor and has lived in Haiti for many years and that it is his opinion that she values the most for this question.

HELPPPPPPP ME EDUCATE this women....ASAP...give me links and websites....give me stories....or should i throw in the rag and not send my child.

I feel that maybe if her baby does get sick that my child will be scrutinized.

What should we do?


Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
Mamato3wild ponnie is offline  
Sponsored Links
#2 of 2 Old 09-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Turquesa's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,656
Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1741 Post(s)

It would greatly help to know what the laws are in DR.  Is there mandatory vaccination for school admission?  If so, are there exemptions?  Her opinion and your opinion are only secondary to the country's laws....and your own rights, whatever those may be. 

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines.” - Marcia Angell, M.D., former NEJM Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud member of #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Turquesa is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 13,857

19 members and 13,838 guests
broodymama , Deborah , emmy526 , girlspn , hillymum , kathymuggle , lhargrave89 , lisak1234 , MarieGoAround , Mirzam , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , Nazsmum , oshenalchem , redsally , RollerCoasterMama , Skippy918 , Springshowers
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.